Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2003, 01:08 PM

Default RenMaxx to Gold upgrade?

I was just sure there was a Waves RenMaxx to Gold upgrade, but now I'm not finding it anywhere. There is a NPP to Gold upgrade though. Am I wrong on this? I'm really hoping there is an upgrade from RennMaxx to Gold, so if you have any info, let me know. I checked out the Waves site and found nothing.

Jason
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan
Old 12-29-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Re: RenMaxx to Gold upgrade?

There is no path from RenMaxx to Gold, as far as I know. I just bought the RenMaxx bundle and checked out my upgrade path options. The email from the sales guy gave me two options: Platinum for $1500, Diamond for $3200, nothing else. I was dissapointed by this as well. I was only checking out of curiousity, and didn't follow it up. I'd suggest emailing a sales guy before giving up completely.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:56 AM

i asked waves about it, and they said if i had renn maxx + masters bundle i could upgrade to platinum for $600. so if renn maxx to platinum is $1500 then you'd save good money buying masters separately before platinum upgrade. i've seen masters for about $600 somewhere. too bad one cannot (?) upgrade renn maxx to gold before platinum...
Old 12-30-2003, 07:07 AM

Jfreak, check my response here:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Thanks.

Jason

OWC External FW HDD
Old 12-31-2003, 12:27 AM

yes, that's what i'm thinking also. i have the renn maxx and the gold is somewhat irrelevat for me now. vintagewarmer is imho way better than L1 and the soon-to-be-released master-q is the most musical eq plug i have ever tested. together those will rock

however when i have the money, i will buy the waves masters bundle as well.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:00 AM

JFreak,

I noticed that the EQ demo isn't avail for RTAS. Which one did you use for testing and with what? I'm anxious to hear how it sounds. Even better is that VW users get it for $79! Score.

J
OWC External FW HDD
Old 01-02-2004, 04:18 AM

vst only, for the time being. rtas expected Q1/04, so we'll just have to wait for a while. however, i do my mastering in peak, which eats vst plugs for breakfast.

ps. i bought the masterq today, wo-hoo
Old 01-02-2004, 12:33 PM

I personally think the RenMaxx stuff is the best of what is in the Gold . I do love the masters bundle and believe that is worth the price, but it is easy to imagine other plugs to cover some of the delay, modulation type stuff from Gold. I like the basic-utility quality of the Waves Maxx/Masters stuff, but when I want character, I'd rather have something with more vibe, even if, in a way, its less prestine than "MondoMod" or "Enigma" etc. My two cents.

- Proxy
Old 01-02-2004, 01:48 PM

Good posts! Well, I ordered Vintage Warmer a few days ago and "holy crap" I love it!! I also found RenMaxx for $375 so I ordered that the other day and should have it in a week or so.

I had tried the Waves demos a long time ago, but I've since wiped my HDD and installed Panther. I was wondering if I could run the RenMaxx demo so I can play w/ it in my new session while waiting for the CD's to show up? Then when I get the CD's, will wiping the demo's and installed the real thing be a problem?

I'm gonna buy that PSP Master EQ as soon as it's RTAS. I'm sure it will be killer. I'm kinda now looking for a cool stand alone delay plug-in. So, if you know of any... please fill me in. I'm not sure that Lexicon one from PSP is right for me. It seems like super overkill. I just want something to do cool tape slap's and fast delays for thickening.

I believe that once I find a cool delay plugin, I'll be set for a long long time.

Oh, one more thing... when I get Waves, should I use iLok or the HDD authorization?? I have iLok because I have Filterbank. But having to take that little chip in and out to auth each one might be a pain. However, I sometimes wipe my HDD and reinstall. Is that a problem? I've never really dealt w/ this sort of thing before.

Thanks!

Jason

OWC External FW HDD
Old 01-02-2004, 06:46 PM

bump
OWC External FW HDD