Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 AM

Default How long does komplete 9 ultimate take to install?

I hear its usb2. Anyone know?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:21 AM

Default Re: How long does komplete 9 ultimate take to install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post
I hear its usb2. Anyone know?
I see you got no reply , Have you gotten around to installing yours yet ? How long did it take you ???

I just bought komplete 9 Ultimate myself , but I wont be able to get my hands on it for another 3-4 weeks yet

Im guessing installation wont take long at all , and i,m also guessing that most time will be taken up will be in authorizing all those VI's that come bundled with it, especially on my ridiculously super slow internet.
Then you will need to tell each V,I the location of the samples ..., as like everything else ive installed , the default location for your sample library will be on your operating systems drive.

Also , that included hard drive that contains the sample library is 500 GB (usb2) I hope its disc speed is 7200rpm and not 5000rpm

Either way , you would be nuts not to Back up that hard drive immediately , which contains those 320GB of samples (Ill be making 2 backups myself)
(preferably on a USB3 7200rpm , or better still SSD or better , as its not recommended to install the samples on your operating system I hear.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM

Allocate 2-5 hrs depending on your drives and how prepared they are.
Updates and those installs.
Testing and scanning...

The USB2 drive is certainly an incentive Vs the non-ultimate way.
Fast internet is also a plus for updates.

Service Center has matured into a nice license manage.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
I see you got no reply , Have you gotten around to installing yours yet ? How long did it take you ???

I just bought komplete 9 Ultimate myself , but I wont be able to get my hands on it for another 3-4 weeks yet

Im guessing installation wont take long at all , and i,m also guessing that most time will be taken up will be in authorizing all those VI's that come bundled with it, especially on my ridiculously super slow internet.
Then you will need to tell each V,I the location of the samples ..., as like everything else ive installed , the default location for your sample library will be on your operating systems drive.

Also , that included hard drive that contains the sample library is 500 GB (usb2) I hope its disc speed is 7200rpm and not 5000rpm

Either way , you would be nuts not to Back up that hard drive immediately , which contains those 320GB of samples (Ill be making 2 backups myself)
(preferably on a USB3 7200rpm , or better still SSD or better , as its not recommended to install the samples on your operating system I hear.
With USB2 it's going to take a long time but not quite as long as the dvd version. And the authorization will not take anywhere near as long as the install. What will take time is the download of the updates as what's on the drive will NOT be the latest version of anything.

You don't have to tell each vi where things are installed. Be careful when doing the install as this step is easy to miss but you do have the option of placing the sample content wherever you want during the install and any vi's that use the sample content will automatically find the content.

And don't be surprised if you have problems with the supplied drive as there have been a rash of problems, a lot of which were due to poor seating of the USB2 cable to the USB2 connector on the drive. And a few unfortunate souls have had outright bad drives.

Oh yeah - when you get the updates downloaded from the Service Center save those off to a hard drive so you'll have them in case you need to do an emergency reinstall of anything and your internet goes down.

QAPLA!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:18 PM

great tips and info guys ..., cheers ,
- its good to get a pre-prep insight into what ends up being a rather large install.
Very grateful , thx