Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-22-2001, 06:19 PM

Default MIDI problems with my DIGI and MOTU EXPRESS XT

Dear Friends,

I just started to work with my new studio set up! I have a G4 dp 500MHz 512 RAM and 40G, I am running Pro Tools 5.0 LE with my DIGI 001 Audio Interface and a Motu USB Midi Express XT for my Midi equipement!! I haven't noticed meny problems so far but today while I was doing some Midi recording I noticed that there is a horible latency occuring!! The Midi was inncorect all the time I tried to change port on my Motu I tried to change the drum computer and I also tried to use a Midi port from the DIGI 001 and the problem was still there!! It is really strange because the latency was nearlly SHUFFLING!!Would you be so kind to send me your thoughts about that! Thanks in advance.
=V=
Old 03-23-2001, 03:52 AM

Default Re: MIDI problems with my DIGI and MOTU EXPRESS XT

Hallo People,

I really have to insist on somebody from the technical support to help me sort this out!!
I've read in some other topics that in some cases the buffer size of DAE if it is pushed to the maximum causes some problems! Is it possible that this MIDI problem I have is produced because I have selected the higher Buffer size available? Please let me know any help would be great!!
Thanks in advance,
=V=
Old 03-23-2001, 07:42 AM
Avid

Default Re: MIDI problems with my DIGI and MOTU EXPRESS XT

-Some people have experienced more stable performance with MOTU USB Driver 1.15b1, available for download at:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/ptutil.html

-For best performance with MOTU interfaces, you will need to install FreeMidi (1.4x) after installing OMS. Installing FreeMidi after OMS will then update the System Folder>OMS Folder with some MOTU specific files which may give you the functionality you need with your setup. Restart the computer and launch FreeMidi. It will say something like “FreeMidi has detected OMS...Do you want to use FreeMidi or OMS?” Click “Use OMS”. This puts FreeMidi into OMS compatibility mode. From this point on, FreeMidi will reman invisible to you and all configuring/editing of interfaces and devices is to be performed in OMS.

Brent