Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Default pro tools 10 i cant hear my recording/recorded track

im about to kill my self!!!!! this is irritating af! please help ... im having problems with this contact me at 404 407 0199 . everytime i record i can hear my voice on the mike BUT I CANT HEAR THE BEAT THROUGH THE head phones !!!!!!!!! after its RECORD I CANT HEAR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just spent 600$ on this i uninstallled n re-installed it 2x its killin me im pissed tf off please help me before i smash my head in a wall
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 AM

What interface are you using?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Default Re: pro tools 10 i cant hear my recording/recorded track

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
We know how frustrating it can be, but you have given us zero info

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie11 View Post
im about to kill my self!!!!! this is irritating af! please help ... im having problems with this contact me at 404 407 0199 . everytime i record i can hear my voice on the mike BUT I CANT HEAR THE BEAT THROUGH THE head phones !!!!!!!!! after its RECORD I CANT HEAR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just spent 600$ on this i uninstallled n re-installed it 2x its killin me im pissed tf off please help me before i smash my head in a wall
There once was a very good admin on this forum that unfortunatly went to better places, but he had made an other account with a very appropriate name.

RTFM

if you didn't get it from the get go, it's Read The Freaking Manual.

Once that's done and you've done everything in the link Albee has given you and you still can't find the answer, we'll help. These are basics stuff that you should be able to solved easily if you read the manuals of your gear and the program.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 PM

HERE: MY EXAMPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.hulkshare.com/j266kgwv7sow

WHY DOES IT SOUND LIKE IM IN A HALL WAY ????? it sounds get until i bounce it
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM

im not using any spectacular interface ...i just use the 600 dollar pro tools set up thats it ! can i email my track to one of yall ? and can yall tell me whats wrong my email is [email protected]
Old 11-28-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie11 View Post
im not using any spectacular interface ...i just use the 600 dollar pro tools set up thats it ! can i email my track to one of yall ? and can yall tell me whats wrong my email is [email protected]
You are using an interface, it might be built into your PC, what is the Setup>Playback Engine set to exactly? if so what is the audio device in your PC. Even better post a Sandra report. The clearer you communicate what you are doing, in plain English, without the histrionics, the more likely you a are to get help.

In another thread you say you use "Mbox ASIO4All", so which is it? An Mbox or ASIO4ALL? What is the exact model of the Mbox (which generation, an Mbox or Mbox Pro? etc.). What is the Setup>playback Engine set to? What speakers are you listening to from Pro Tools and whatever else you listen to with? What are those speaker wires connected to.

As asked before in the duplicate thread you posted what exact software are you playing it back with outside Pro Tools? And please follow the forum rules and don't cross post the same message to multiple groups.

Explain exactly what we are doing so we can work out what you are doing. Even better go away and work thought carefully what Albee has already pointed you at.

If there is really a reverb or similar hidden somewhere you just have to poke around and find it. have you gone through and defeated each and every plugin in the session? How is the session bussed? What exactly are you bouncing to disks (main output, a stem/bus? whats on that bus?). Post a detailed screen shot somewhere of your Mix window expanded to show all insets and sends and put a link to that file here.

Darryl
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM

this video WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING WATCH THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHwl...&feature=g-upl

what should i do to fix this ????