Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2020, 11:46 PM

Default Re: midi set up thru USB-records midi but no sound-plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Because it is not possible. As has been pointed out by myself and others, the USB connection only carries MIDI data.

That is EXACTLY what you need to do. Very simple. Connect the line outs of the synth to a set of inputs on the Orion. Create a MIDI track in PT for the note data and an audio track for the audio capture.

Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sardi THANK YOU for these instructions.

God bless
Old 07-07-2020, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflight View Post
How is this NOT clear?

Hi

On a mac pro

I can record n hear sound thru usb into mac Pro Tools 2020.5.0 when using a virtual synth, this is not a problem.
Bull dung, you are not hearing or recoding "sound" over USB. You are never hearing audio over USB with that keyboard. Your keyboard does not do audio over USB. It is impossible for audio to flowing over USB from that keyboard. None. Nada. Zilch. And I said that already very clearly. If you want help here you need to occasionally actually listen to what people tell you.

If your keyboard provided audio over USB it would appear as an audio device on the computer which it does not. It only does MIDI.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflight View Post
If you're gonna be a smart ass, don't bother ever answering any of my questions.

Really are you that ignorant? Or just a fantasy musician jerk who hasn't made it, and feels good trying to knock other people?

I was stating a SIMPLE FACT that I record without using midi 99% of the time when using great REAL INSTRUMENTS, not plugin synths etc... And NO i'm NOT knocking plugins! They have there place as tools.

And REAL HARDWARE as opposed to plugins, meaning when I record LIVE I use great REAL HARDWARE to plug into and NOT use or worry about MIDI.

REAL PLAYERS who actually play with their hands LIVE while they record, they don't rely on midi and cheating by moving midi notes to a grid and also copying n pasting sections then believing they're a real musician.

I don't need your bad attitude if I read the korg manual. I once achieved recording midi and hearing it with my prophet 6 using a MIO connect.

No one has to bother helping me. I figure this out on my own. Thanks
With the attitude you're showing here no one here will ever even think of helping you. You've been told many times here what you need to do but refuse to listen and put into practice what's been said. The Prophet 6 is a different animal and maybe it does both MIDI and audio over USB but once again your King Korg doesn't. Sorry not sorry but you really need to read manuals.

QAPLA!