Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 PM

Default When will the late 2013 retina Mac Book Pros be qualified?

I'd like to hear opinions about when the late 2013 Mac Book Pros will be qualified for PT11HD use. I'm trying to update my very old Pro Tools system but I can't bring myself to buy a two year old Mac Book Pro just so I can have a qualified laptop. I know that some people are running the new MBPs with no problem, but then you'll read a post where someone is having a problem and that person gets blamed for not running a qualified machine. I've never read anything that ever recommends that you buy last year's tech when you can get something more up to date so I really dislike being in this situation...having to update but having to go with an older machine.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:33 PM

Default Re: When will the late 2013 retina Mac Book Pros be qualified?

I have a current MBP and had the previous model too. Both work equally well as far as stability is concerned, so just go for it and buy a new one if you're in the market right now. Just remember to up the specs 'cause you can't change anything afterwards. There's very little difference between 2012 and 2013 models and it's just a matter of time when they add the new model to their testing grid.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:59 PM

I'm running PT11 HD Native Thunderbolt, HD IO 8x8x8, with the latest MBP. Have no problems... I had a old Mac Pro that probably would have been fine, but I needed a laptop for school anyway, so I got both here now. Purchased the maxed out MBP and has worked flawlessly...
Old 05-25-2014, 01:46 AM

You will be fine - mine also works flawlessly.
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Tuesday...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 05-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Tuesday...
PowerBook G5 ???
Old 05-25-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
PowerBook G5 ???
Call me on Tuesday...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh