Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 08-23-2020, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate 3rd Party Interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
I'm so great I work with artists that you dream about before they even get on the radio.
Oh wow. Are you Ferrari or Lambo family?
Old 08-23-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
I'm so great I work with artists that you dream about before they even get on the radio.

And I use avid interfaces. The evil hobos might persuade but they lie.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Well said, arche3! Well said, indeed!

Not hating Apollo, or RME, or any of the other good ones, really, btw. I am sure our esteemed colleagues have produced real good-sounding stuff in many different ways.

But the "compensate after record pass" thing is honestly something to think about, especially now with AVID interfaces sounding really good, and especially before spending a small fortune on esoteric converters that may not even be as good, never mind better.

If you are doing a lot of overdubs / punches and stuff, the fact that the software keeps lining all that up for you on every pass when you use the AVID boxes is pretty essential.

Think about it. When we were using 24-track machines with sel-sink, it was a given the the tracks and punches would be lined up to an rch factor.

For all the wonderfulness of digital audio, latency seems like it will forever be lurking around looking for any chance to make things weird that weren't weird before. P*sses me off. And I'm pretty sure that evil hobos have something to do with it. Its just hard to prove because they are so sneaky.

Best,

mightduck
Old 08-24-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Oh wow. Are you Ferrari or Lambo family?
I had to sell my Murcielago about 9 years ago. I didn't realize the cost to maintain it. I also had a 500k watch collection. But I sold that too except for a Newman dial Daytona.

I used to be a Baller but now just make commercials.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyduck View Post
Well said, arche3! Well said, indeed!

Not hating Apollo, or RME, or any of the other good ones, really, btw. I am sure our esteemed colleagues have produced real good-sounding stuff in many different ways.

But the "compensate after record pass" thing is honestly something to think about, especially now with AVID interfaces sounding really good, and especially before spending a small fortune on esoteric converters that may not even be as good, never mind better.

If you are doing a lot of overdubs / punches and stuff, the fact that the software keeps lining all that up for you on every pass when you use the AVID boxes is pretty essential.

Think about it. When we were using 24-track machines with sel-sink, it was a given the the tracks and punches would be lined up to an rch factor.

For all the wonderfulness of digital audio, latency seems like it will forever be lurking around looking for any chance to make things weird that weren't weird before. P*sses me off. And I'm pretty sure that evil hobos have something to do with it. Its just hard to prove because they are so sneaky.

Best,

mightduck
The 3rd party makers have to sell something. There is always a compromise. Avid has sounded great since the 192. I don't see any reason to stop what I am doing (making money and having a life) and trying something new with potential learning curve and headaches.