Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM

Default Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program

My 003, 7.4 system has been working great. I've done a ton of sessions. That is, until today. I got this error message: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program"

Huh? I've tried uninstalling and installing, downloading extensions from some PACE website, searched these forums.... can't fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running:

Mac OS 10.5.4
Quad Core Intel
ProTools LE 7.4
OO3 Rack

Thank you!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program

Try another FW cable?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program

Make sure you aren't running any other programs that might be claiming the Protools interface with the Digi CoreAudio manager. Try quiting all other apps and if that doesn't work, try a restart, and if that doesn't work then you may need a new firewire cable. You may also have something crapping out with your firewire port on your computer... I've seen that before.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Thank you. Unfortunately that wasn't it (tried a different cable). Any other ideas?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Mac OS 10.5.4
Quad Core Intel
ProTools LE 7.4
OO3 Rack
Are you really only running 7.4, or is it 7.4.2? 7.4 is not compatible with the OS you're running.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM

It's compatible. I've done literally dozens of sessions with no problems. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiankristian View Post
It's compatible. I've done literally dozens of sessions with no problems. Thanks.
No, it's not. If you've been using 7.4 on Leopard, you've been extremely lucky to get it working.

But hey - if you want to insist that's it's compatible and keep chasing your tail about what the problem is, that's completely your prerogative..
Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM

Hey there,

Im using pro tools 7.4.2 with my 003 rack, and am having the same problem. It has been working ok, but now I cant even get pro tools to open at all, it just goes straight to that error...!

any suggestions?

Thnx
Old 01-28-2009, 01:18 PM

I use Pro Tools 7.4.2 with Leopard and had the same issue. I uninstalled then reinstalled and it seemed to fix the problem. Still I would like to know why it happened. All I did was unplug my computer and move it to a different room.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Avid

Is the Core Audio Manger launched? Do you have other applications launched that may be using Core Audio and the 003?

Have you tried trashing preferences yet?