Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 PM

Default 2.5.7 users ??

Anyone running EuControl 2.5.7 and care to share their thoughts? Especially curious about whether the "lost" HUI/Eucon features (automation latch/touch/read all, solo all, etc...)that disappeared with the last "update" are back and work with Eucon/PT 9. I'd really love to have proper Eucon integration and be able to re-install PT9 without losing half the features!!
Cheers,
Jon
Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 2.5.7 users ??

Just finished the job I was working on and was able to install my PT 9 HD "upgrade" that I've had since sitting idle since December. Aaaaannnndddd... back to PT 8 I go!!!! C'mon Digi/Avid/Euphonix guys!! The expanded Eucon set for 2.5.7 still doesn't give us the functionality we had under HUI. I suppose I could go back to HUI under PT 9, but given the time it's going to take to reset my Eucontrol soft keys etc... time machining (can that be a verb now?) back to PT 8 seems like a better option.
Anyway, for those who care, still no Automation Latch/Read/Touch/Trim All features. Still no Toggle Solo All. Surround panner still works like a piece of s&^t. (Unless you're fine never panning into the "corners") There are a couple of nice Automation Eucon controls (suspend all, write to breakpoint/selection etc...), but Preview and a bunch of others are held back, so I'll stick to my iKey workaround that gives me pretty much everything.
Thanks for trying, but let me know when you've restored last years functionality!!
If anyone can think of a reason to stay in PT 9 HD under HUI, please let me know. I'd like to think there must be some good new features.
j
Old 03-26-2011, 09:34 PM

Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihybg View Post
Just finished the job I was working on and was able to install my PT 9 HD "upgrade" that I've had since sitting idle since December. Aaaaannnndddd... back to PT 8 I go!!!! C'mon Digi/Avid/Euphonix guys!! The expanded Eucon set for 2.5.7 still doesn't give us the functionality we had under HUI. I suppose I could go back to HUI under PT 9, but given the time it's going to take to reset my Eucontrol soft keys etc... time machining (can that be a verb now?) back to PT 8 seems like a better option.
Anyway, for those who care, still no Automation Latch/Read/Touch/Trim All features. Still no Toggle Solo All. Surround panner still works like a piece of s&^t. (Unless you're fine never panning into the "corners") There are a couple of nice Automation Eucon controls (suspend all, write to breakpoint/selection etc...), but Preview and a bunch of others are held back, so I'll stick to my iKey workaround that gives me pretty much everything.
Thanks for trying, but let me know when you've restored last years functionality!!
If anyone can think of a reason to stay in PT 9 HD under HUI, please let me know. I'd like to think there must be some good new features.
j
I happen to be using these under PT HD 9.0.2, and using 2.5.6 since I am on a mac, and 2.5.7 is only for PC so far. All this under EuCon.

So... this leads me to believe that you just updated, and have not repaired permissions after doing so, and also probably have not changed your Euphonix Controllers' setup within PT, removing them from the "MIDI controllers" and allowing the Eucon to do it's thing.

I really cannot stress how good these controllers are.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeqplease View Post
I happen to be using these under PT HD 9.0.2, and using 2.5.6 since I am on a mac, and 2.5.7 is only for PC so far. All this under EuCon.

So... this leads me to believe that you just updated, and have not repaired permissions after doing so, and also probably have not changed your Euphonix Controllers' setup within PT, removing them from the "MIDI controllers" and allowing the Eucon to do it's thing.

Cheers
Your info is a bit out of date. According to this page:

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/e...downloads.html

2.5.7 is useable on Macs and Windows machines.

QAPLA!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Cheers
Don't get me wrong. I love my controllers too. I've used them for a year now and asides from a few quirks they work fantastically. But... there was more functionality from them under HUI than under Eucon in PT, and that's not right. If you're doing post work, the ability to trigger your automation write modes globally is a deal breaker and it worked (works?) under HUI. Why it and other useful functions been removed from the Eucon feature set, I have no idea, especially as they were listed as a "Eucon" functions in the HUI set.
I upgraded to 9.0.2 and yes, I did repair my permissions, and no, there was no glitching per se in the Eucon setup, just the same reduced feature set. And I still think that that sucks
j
Old 03-30-2011, 05:14 AM

Using 2.5.7 on a mac now. Seems to work ok but nothing new on this update.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 AM

Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy

Hi,
I updated to EuCon 2.5.7, did a firmware update on both my units. It works just fine.
I did repair permissions afterwards, as per instructions direct from a Euphonix customer support guy, the one who helped me set these up back in Dec. 2008. I always repair permissions after updating anything on my mac.
Cheers