Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2018, 09:44 AM

Default ProTools Performance

Hello all, I have been working on building my template in ProTools Ultimate (Software only) (PT) and VEPro for a while now. It is currently functioning however I have more latency than I'd like for playing parts in real time. (2 buffers, at a hardware buffer size of 256 for PT). So my question for you all is does anyone have experience with PT and VEPro? And does the fact that PT isn't terribly stable and is giving me an error message about PT running out of CPU resources, mean throwing more cores into my computer would solve the problem?

Session specs: 512 midi tracks, 256 audio tracks (or near enough). I know I am at the max system specs for PT without cards... maybe this is part of the problem too?

Computer specs: DAW system - Trashcan Mac Pro Quad-Core Xeon 3.7 GHz 16GB ram.

Let me know if I can provide any more information! And I appreciate your help!

-Walter