Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2009, 08:57 PM

Default Freeze Tracks

Anyone else wish PT8 had this, similar to how Logic Pro 8 does it? Would be quite helpful, I think.

Sig
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Freeze Tracks

Can't be done with TDM architecture. TDM is a realtime, all the data is piped through the TDM bus and the cards. It has been discussed for years with the same limitation pointed out by Digi and others.
Simon L.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleadley View Post
Can't be done with TDM architecture. TDM is a realtime, all the data is piped through the TDM bus and the cards. It has been discussed for years with the same limitation pointed out by Digi and others.
Simon L.
...but it would be helpful if it was a little easier to bounce tracks, similar to Digital Performer as a DAE-frontend, all you have to do is to select the track (or multiple tracks), make a time selection and DP creates new tracks and bounces the output from the selected tracks (since working in DAE-mode only in realtime). After that the source tracks are still there, but muted. Much more comfortable than manually routing via bus to an audiotrack, record enable, muting the source tracks and and and

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 03-31-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
...but it would be helpful if it was a little easier to bounce tracks, similar to Digital Performer as a DAE-frontend, all you have to do is to select the track (or multiple tracks), make a time selection and DP creates new tracks and bounces the output from the selected tracks (since working in DAE-mode only in realtime). After that the source tracks are still there, but muted. Much more comfortable than manually routing via bus to an audiotrack, record enable, muting the source tracks and and and
This can already be done. Select tracks then Shift-S TO SOLO, Bounce to disk with split tracks and Import file to Session checked in BTD window. Then after bounce Shift-M to mute selected Tracks then Drag imported File Track window which will create a new track, name it and assign to default output. Not that hard really. I do it all the time.
Simon L.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleadley View Post
This can already be done. Select tracks then Shift-S TO SOLO, Bounce to disk with split tracks and Import file to Session checked in BTD window. Then after bounce Shift-M to mute selected Tracks then Drag imported File Track window which will create a new track, name it and assign to default output. Not that hard really. I do it all the time.
Simon L.
thanks... but I know that

10 or more steps to click - to choose - to name - to select

in DP only 1 click AND it can be done for multiple tracks at the same time

the bouncetime is not the problem for me, I can live with that, but I donīt understand why digi didnīt make such an essential function work a little easier.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 03-31-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
thanks... but I know that

10 or more steps to click - to choose - to name - to select

in DP only 1 click AND it can be done for multiple tracks at the same time

the bouncetime is not the problem for me, I can live with that, but I donīt understand why digi didnīt make such an essential function work a little easier.
Totally agree. I dont care about the realtime aspect. Just make bouncing
10 VI to audio tracks a 1 or 2 click affair and go and take a tea break

Mac Pro 3.3 hexacore
24 gb RAM
Lion
PT 10 HD Native