Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2017, 08:03 AM

Default From PT11 to PT12 -> What Subscription plan?

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the subscription plans for Pro Tools 12.

I've been running Pro Tools for years and I'm used to upgrading it by just buying the upgrade ones.

So... I'm still on Pro Tools 11 and I want to move on to Pro Tools 12.

I think I need to buy the Pro Tools Upgrade Reinstatement Plan for $299.00, but I do not understand how the subscription works.

About plan on the website:
Quote:
If you currently do not have an upgrade plan or allowed one to expire, this enables you to purchase or reinstate a new Annual Upgrade Plan for Pro Tools. You must have a Pro Tools 9, 10, 11, or 12 license to purchase this plan, which will enable you to upgrade/update to the latest version of Pro Tools. Once you’re on a plan, simply renew it annually thereafter—before your plan expires—for just $99/year through your Avid account to stay current.
  • Does this mean that after the $299 Pro Tools will cost me $99 per year for the rest of my subscription life automatically or do I have to renew it manually every year? (and if not pay $299 again)
  • Does this subscription include a free Pro Tools 13 upgrade when it comes out or do I have to pay extra for it?
Old 05-30-2017, 08:25 AM

Default Re: From PT11 to PT12 -> What Subscription plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTD View Post
  • Does this mean that after the $299 Pro Tools will cost me $99 per year for the rest of my subscription life automatically or do I have to renew it manually every year? (and if not pay $299 again)
  • Does this subscription include a free Pro Tools 13 upgrade when it comes out or do I have to pay extra for it?
The Pro Tools Upgrade Reinstatement Plan ($299) includes a perpetual (non-expiring) license and provides a year of software releases. You can renew it ($99) before it ends if you want to continue receiving new software releases for another year. If you don't renew it, you can continue using the versions released during your term.

Pro Tools Subscriptions are different in that they provide a temporary license and the current version of software which can be used while the subscription is active.

Please see the Licensing FAQ and How To Buy pages for more info.