Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2014, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Sorry but I have SSD4 and PT11. And it's ok. Not great. The GUI is terrible. I've listed quite a few things to your support team and they say they are aware of it and it is being worked on. And to not forget that it is still a beta version. So there will be some bugs. One example is.... Choose a groove... Ok, I like that, drag it to the timeline... Close the GUI to copy it or for what ever reason, when you open it again... It has selected the first groove menu in the list... So, the groove I chose before which could called "midi 01 verse" or similar is no longer selected and you'd have to trawl through them all again till you find it. And if you have a LOT of grooves, this is such a pain in the ass. Just little things like that would make such a difference. The user friendliness of the thing is terrible. Toontracks SD2 is far superior when it comes to usability. Just a pity the samples wernt as good.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA View Post
Not as soon as it will be released. But we're aiming to get it out not too long after. We actually made some big strides today alone. Newsletter coming.

(Snip)

Cheers,
Steven

Cool. Just curious. I figured that was the case. Just hoping maybe it would be released with VMR. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post
Sorry but I have SSD4 and PT11. And it's ok. Not great. The GUI is terrible. I've listed quite a few things to your support team and they say they are aware of it and it is being worked on. And to not forget that it is still a beta version. So there will be some bugs. One example is.... Choose a groove... Ok, I like that, drag it to the timeline... Close the GUI to copy it or for what ever reason, when you open it again... It has selected the first groove menu in the list... So, the groove I chose before which could called "midi 01 verse" or similar is no longer selected and you'd have to trawl through them all again till you find it. And if you have a LOT of grooves, this is such a pain in the ass. Just little things like that would make such a difference. The user friendliness of the thing is terrible. Toontracks SD2 is far superior when it comes to usability. Just a pity the samples wernt as good.
Totally agree on our groove player with SSD4. Hence why this will be all new in SSD5

In fact, we have a document with requests which yours are likely included in, which we based the new features on.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Hi Raoul, glad I can help. The AAX version in PT10 32bit would be the exact same CPU as the RTAS. However when you make the jump to PT11, you'll see dramatic difference with AAX 64bit!

Cheers,

Steven

I'll be staying on 10HD for along time to much money invested in TDM plugs and not enough AAX DSP available yet. What will the upgrade be for SSD4 users to SSD5 and can you give us a little clue on some of the added key features that might have been added. I use SSD4 a hell of a lot and really looking forward to SSD5

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 11-13-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Hi Raoul. Let's be clear on a few things.

In Pro Tools 11, SSD4 AAX works perfectly.
Above….This was your first statement Steven…..

Quote:
you're cute with the back and forth love and hate. As you can see from my explanation above, SSD4 AAX 64bit in PT 11 is great, as is the RTAS version for 32bit PT 10. Perhaps lay down your battle sword for a moment, we're on the same team.

Cheers,
Steven
Above…. Your Second in the same post… (note the phrase in bold)

Quote:
Totally agree on our groove player with SSD4. Hence why this will be all new in SSD5

In fact, we have a document with requests which yours are likely included in, which we based the new features on.

Cheers,
Steven
Above…. And now you do a U-turn… (again, phrase in bold) so, is it great, perfect…. or you agree that parts of it are not?

………………………….………………………….………………………….………………………….

Steven,

(if you take off your "denial" cap for a second) You can surely understand why people get so frustrated… it just seems to be contradiction after contradiction…

And yes, you can pull out the "welcome to software development… it's not easy" line again as many times as you like, but you know, you're not the only developer… there are bigger developers… there are also much smaller developers than Slate Digital out there… and, to my knowledge, none of them act like this… (except maybe Waves… but they're a bunch of unhelpful idiots… but that's another story) maybe take a lesson from one, or all of them.

I love your products mate, really, I do… but maybe, just maybe you should get someone else to front the company? and do press releases…. and maybe… just maybe try n be a little bit more humble about the products… if they're great (which as I said, I think they are) they will speak for themselves, and you would become the coolest guy on the block!

And, I'm not swinging a battle sword at you, I'm (like so many others) just frustrated by the whole saga of a Slate Digital release… And you know people feel this way, you've acknowledged it in your "weekly" emails.

Learn to take criticism on the chin, put your big boy pants on and deal with what's in front of you… I would LOVE to be in your position mate… I know I'd be doing it differently though…

Anyway… I hope you take this in the spirit it's meant. Seriously.

Regards,

Rosco
Old 11-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post
Above….This was your first statement Steven…..

Above…. Your Second in the same post… (note the phrase in bold)

Above…. And now you do a U-turn… (again, phrase in bold) so, is it great, perfect…. or you agree that parts of it are not?
Hi Rosco, it appears that you are unaware of the difference between a software that functions as is intended, as SSD4 does, and one that as time goes on, needs new features that make it better. SSD4 functions beautifully as I said, but we want to add new features such as what you suggested, hence SSD5. There is no contradiction. There is a will to improve new versions, and that's what there should be.

You can't have it both ways my friend. You say we have horrible communication and support as I sit here and engage directly with you, telling you that the very feature you want is coming in our next update. And this causes you to complain more about me.

I'm sorry if you don't like our style, but I think overall we're a good company with talented people who strive to make the best products. I'm gonna go off the grid here now, so all I'll say is that I hope you guys love VMR.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-13-2014, 10:39 PM

Geez , what was this thread about again
- call the terrorism unit , theres been a hijacking
Old 11-13-2014, 10:43 PM

December is coming quick - that's what's up!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:46 PM

Monday haha nobody said WHAT Monday ....
Old 11-13-2014, 10:49 PM

How about kill this thread.... lock it down

Start a new one the day its released.
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html