Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2014, 01:31 PM

Default Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

It'll be released Thursday unless it's not ready... If that's the case, it'll be released on Monday, unless it's not ready.... If that's the case it'll be released Thursday... Unless it's not ready.... In fact.... It'll be released when it's ready... Geez! It's actually infuriating. And hilarious at the same time. It's software comedy! For such good products, it's a real shame the rest of the picture is so farcical. Just takes the shine off what would otherwise be a professional, top quality product. Disappointed.com. If I hadn't invested so much cash in this farce, I'd just walk away from it. Lol
Old 11-11-2014, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

I tried to punch in the domain following their usual naming methods and the product shows up!

http://www.slatedigital.com/products/vmr

MacBook Pro (15-inch,2018)
2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9 CPU
32 GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
1TB SSD System Drive
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Old 11-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post
It'll be released Thursday unless it's not ready... If that's the case, it'll be released on Monday, unless it's not ready.... If that's the case it'll be released Thursday... Unless it's not ready.... In fact.... It'll be released when it's ready... Geez! It's actually infuriating. And hilarious at the same time. It's software comedy! For such good products, it's a real shame the rest of the picture is so farcical. Just takes the shine off what would otherwise be a professional, top quality product. Disappointed.com. If I hadn't invested so much cash in this farce, I'd just walk away from it. Lol
Why invest into it so much? Why not just wait till you get an email saying "it's here".

We didn't say one word about VMR during the whole beta cycle till someone leaked our tests with the upcoming product webpage. We got slammed by people freaking out thinking it was coming last week. Probably got a few hundred emails going "saw that the product page is up but I can't buy it". So in an effort to calm people down, I gave my best estimate, which turns out to be wrong. If I don't give an estimate, believe me.. I'll get yelled at for that too. "Just tell us a date when it will be out!!". It's laughable how someone can find themselves where all roads lead to chaos!

It would be delightful for some of you to step into our shoes for a day. Creating software and running a company in this industry might not be as easy as you think.

But anyway, I'm gonna stop posting so we can continue to finalize this. I'd suggest you wait till the official announcement and just go back to working on music until then.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-11-2014, 02:44 PM

What he said....
Old 11-11-2014, 03:32 PM

Why are some people getting so worked up about a plugin that they have never used before and therefore hasn't stopped them from getting on with making music and mixing? Have people all of a sudden stopped working since the announcement of VMR?

It's software for goodness sake. Issues do occur and I'm sure nobody would want a plugin to be released that was full of bugs; me included.

What matters is the end result!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA View Post
Why invest into it so much? Why not just wait till you get an email saying "it's here".

We didn't say one word about VMR during the whole beta cycle till someone leaked our tests with the upcoming product webpage. We got slammed by people freaking out thinking it was coming last week. Probably got a few hundred emails going "saw that the product page is up but I can't buy it". So in an effort to calm people down, I gave my best estimate, which turns out to be wrong. If I don't give an estimate, believe me.. I'll get yelled at for that too. "Just tell us a date when it will be out!!". It's laughable how someone can find themselves where all roads lead to chaos!

It would be delightful for some of you to step into our shoes for a day. Creating software and running a company in this industry might not be as easy as you think.

But anyway, I'm gonna stop posting so we can continue to finalize this. I'd suggest you wait till the official announcement and just go back to working on music until then.

Cheers,
Steven
Well Steve, I do have a modicum of sympathy for you, even now ;-)

However, as for walking in your shoes, the problem is that's a two way street. Many of us have tried workarounds to be able to use your plugs with PT11, which shouldn't have been necessary for nearly as long as it has been to date. Other have simply discovered other plugins that provide a similar operational mechanism and have abandoned your products.

Either way, the biggest issue for your company has to be the reputational damage done. That your company has been predominantly the author of its own misfortune must be extremely frustrating for you. With the benefit of hindsight, I'm sure some decisions that led you along the path to where you/we are now would have been different.

I can assure you that, having abandoned using VCC some time ago, I will make the effort to evaluate whether reintegrating it into my workflow is sufficiently beneficial. I hope that other existing owners will be gracious enough, despite the drama of the last eighteen months, to do the same.

Let's hope that, in a year's time, we are all here toasting your good health ;-)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-11-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
this is a silly statement and certainly doesn't generate the sympathy it might strive for. The complaints come from the companies shortcomings. I have never seen a post saying, running a business is easy so do a better job.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
this is a silly statement and certainly doesn't generate the sympathy it might strive for. The complaints come from the companies shortcomings. I have never seen a post saying, running a business is easy so do a better job.
Sam, you appear to be confusing two separate issues.

My quote above is regarding getting hassled about the VMR release. I have said for months now that the VMR will be out when it's out, and my reference to Monday in another forum was not said as a guarantee but rather, a goal... and one that was only mentioned because of a frenzy caused by leaked webpages, as I've said repeatedly. I consider nothing about the VMR a shortcoming, quite the opposite, and I hope people will agree when they hear it. Its long development time was solely due to the amount of hard work our team has put into it. We get a build tomorrow, and if it's greenlit, it'll be a release candidate. Fingers crossed.

Now, for our VCC and FG-X AAX updates, I have stated publicly that mistakes were made here, that we do not deserve nor expect any sympathy, and that we are doing everything in our power to make it right.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-11-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Now, for our VCC and FG-X AAX updates
Still frustrating to load BlueCat's MB7 and the VST version of VCC. Alt+drag copying to all the tracks usually results in several crashes along the way. Once they're in, the session loads and works as it should. I heard there was better luck with the AU, but I don't get a GUI. I keep looking to see if I have the latest since I see the date is October 2011.

VMR was announced over a year ago, and I wanted it then. To have to wait and wait is again frustrating - but I know, I'll get it when it's done.

Now I'm up against Avid's gun to my head for $199 if I want to continue running/upgrading PT11 even though I already PAID for PT11.

Whatever - just do what you do Mr. Slate and make it so.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:40 PM

Slate is kind of like the Spinal Tap of software companies.

I actually think that Trigger 2 is a great piece of software, but the company as a whole is just laughable.