Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Why cant we get an updated video engine in PT12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Erik View Post
Forget using H264. It really does screw things up. Pro Res or the DNx are much smoother and more reliable. Your video editor should have no problem providing you with files in these formats. If not, invest $30 in QT Pro and do your own conversions. It will save your sanity!
I have Quicktime Pro, And Compressor, And Adobe Encoder. My workflow is very fast and converting back and forth for approval postings takes time. Especially when I have multiple files. I've been using them for years with PT10 without any issues on a computer with 25% of the power as my current machine. Look, H.264 & mp4 files are what's kicked out of edit houses. Pro Tools needs to keep up with current workflows. Obviously I'm not the only one having issues.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Why cant we get an updated video engine in PT12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarHole View Post
I have Quicktime Pro, And Compressor, And Adobe Encoder. My workflow is very fast and converting back and forth for approval postings takes time. Especially when I have multiple files. I've been using them for years with PT10 without any issues on a computer with 25% of the power as my current machine. Look, H.264 & mp4 files are what's kicked out of edit houses. Pro Tools needs to keep up with current workflows. Obviously I'm not the only one having issues.
The other issue I fine is that different codes cause different video delays. So if I just put any codec in the timeline, I will constantly be checking sync. That in itself takes up more time than re incoming to pro res for me.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme