Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Need Help with AIR Structure - Creating a patch from imported samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
I bought the DVD “Pro Tools Accelerated Videos — High-Definition Edition 8009-59046-00” for $25 in 2009 from the Avid Store.
I've PM'd Jeffro (Mr Fix-It!) to see if it can be made available again, from the Avid Store.
Well, the bad news is the original PT Accelerated video with Phil Jackson is still nowhere to be found. But the GOOD news is, I found the session where I used the technique following the example he did in that video. I did this session a long time back and just stumbled on it last night going through some older sessions. So, I made a template from it so I can easily import it all set up ready to go whenever I wish.

I was able to reverse engineer it to figure out how it was done, too, so I should be able to replicate it whenever I wish.

Its a great way to create a stutter effect using a full sample phrase.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Need Help with AIR Structure - Creating a patch from imported samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Its not just me. Here's Benoni's rant. He's exactly right in what he says in the first 5 min or so. This update process is totally unacceptable!
That was like over a year ago and I STILL have not tried ANY updates of AIR products. I'll use what I have at the current version. Instead, I just got Komplete 11 Ultimate last year (upgraded from K9), and it's been great. Updates are simple, Native Access works very well now (there were problems last year), and there is so much content included. Plus, Kontakt and Reaktor are so deep, between those two, there isn't a sound in the world you can't create.

It's not that AIR VIs are bad, they sound good, but the update process is crazy.

BTW, Native Instruments has Komplete upgrades at 50% off right now. Well worth the investment IMO.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-15-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
That was like over a year ago and I STILL have not tried ANY updates of AIR products. I'll use what I have at the current version. Instead, I just got Komplete 11 Ultimate last year (upgraded from K9), and it's been great. Updates are simple, Native Access works very well now (there were problems last year), and there is so much content included. Plus, Kontakt and Reaktor are so deep, between those two, there isn't a sound in the world you can't create.

It's not that AIR VIs are bad, they sound good, but the update process is crazy.

BTW, Native Instruments has Komplete upgrades at 50% off right now. Well worth the investment IMO.
Brian - Yeah, I agree with you about AIR. Love the products themselves. Use most of them all the time in multiple ways. But the upgrade/download process leaves a lot to be desired and is a real hurdle for me to upgrade further.

I don't have Kontakt. I may go that route sometime in the future, but I opted for other things at the time and right now don't have a real good reason to pick it up. That may change as my film/video/game scoring opportunities pick up.