Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2002, 01:16 AM

Default Locking audio to Bar/beat grid

I know this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if there was any new info on this topic.

I need to be able to lock audio regions to bar/beat grids. This is easily do-able in DP or StudioVision (R.I.P.) and a fairly important tool for composers needing to change tempos after laying audio chunks (percussive hits, etc.) into a sequence.

Is this possible in ProTools or do we have to wait for a revision for these kind of real MIDI sequnceing tools (like notaion editing)?

I actually like using PT for sequncing and have stopped using DP after 12 years. When it comes to long cues with complicated tempo maps, I have to go back to DP. Clients and directors like to tweak music too much. THis requires much flexiblity with tempos...