Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2016, 10:20 AM

Default Can I Install Pro Tools on more than One Computer (all my computers)

I am trying to install Pro Tools 11 on my two other computers. Right now I have it installed on my Desk Top iMAC and want to install it on my MacBook Version 10.6.8 and my new Hp Microsoft. I went to my Avid Account and on my products tried installing to the Mac Book and Hp Microsoft but they are not installing. What am i doing wrong? I have Pro Tools licensed and have an i Lok account. Help
Old 02-28-2016, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Can I Install Pro Tools on more than One Computer (all my computers)

You can install your single version of Pro Tools on as many computers as you like, but you can only run that single version on the computer with the iLok2 with your license for Pro Tools on it plugged into that computer.

Why you can't install Pro Tools is another issue. Is the computer/operating system compatible with the version of Pro Tools you have? Is Pro Tools installing, but not working? What exactly is the issue.

See the Help Us Help You link above each forum, that may have some answers for you.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-28-2016, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Can I Install Pro Tools on more than One Computer (all my computers)

According to your post, Pro Tools 11 will not install on a OS X version lower than 10.8. Seeing as you have 10.6.8, Pro Tools 8 would be the most compatible version of Pro Tools you can install. You may be able to update your MacBook Pro's OS to be compatible with a more current version of Pro Tools but not knowing the spec of both your computers, we can't really offer much help until you give more specifics
Old 02-29-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am trying to install Pro Tools 11 on my two other computers. Right now I have it installed on my Desk Top iMAC and want to install it on my MacBook Version 10.6.8 and my new Hp Microsoft. I went to my Avid Account and on my products tried installing to the Mac Book and Hp Microsoft but they are not installing. What am i doing wrong? I have Pro Tools licensed and have an i Lok account. Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by guatamas View Post
According to your post, Pro Tools 11 will not install on a OS X version lower than 10.8. Seeing as you have 10.6.8, Pro Tools 8 would be the most compatible version of Pro Tools you can install. You may be able to update your MacBook Pro's OS to be compatible with a more current version of Pro Tools but not knowing the spec of both your computers, we can't really offer much help until you give more specifics
In addition to the above make sure you download both the Mac and Windows versions - they are separate downloads. Also make sure you download the instruments as they are a separate download from the core program.

As to having trouble installing - are you running in admin mode? If not you're going to have to. And upgrading your MacBook to a later OSX version - you give us zero system info on what you have (actually no info on either machine). And upgrading to a newer OSX means going to ElCapitan unless some kind soul can provide you with a full download/installer for an earlier OSX than EC.

We need more info on your systems please. With the DUC there is no such thing as TMI - too much information.

QAPLA!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:38 AM

Thanks for your suggestions. Let me try all your sugggestions and will seek more help if it fails... Again Thanks