Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Default Re: ERXP FW Installer Problems.

BTW, I contacted Tech Support and they asked me to uninstall PT 8.0.1 which came with the original 11R packaging. They provided me 8.0.3 which after install was updated to 8.0.5 together with all 11R drivers. No change, no solution. Anyone who can help I would be greatly appreciative.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3V17e View Post
Win 7 64 bit does not allow Explorer 8 install. Instead I downloaded Opera. However, nothing happens. Unless anyone could point me to the old Explorer 8 that used to be default on Win 7. MS does not have it available at the moment - only for older OS

One thing I did notice is that when I remove the CP folder from the Avid Eleven Rack Updater folder, the small window requesting the System ID and Serial finally appears. However, as the install is dependant on the CP folder files, it cannot install and when present the small window does not show and absolutely nothing happens.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate the same. I am getting desperate and have spent countless hours/days trying different things without any install.
So do you have IE9 or not? Because IE9 IS NOT compatible with the ERXP firmware updater.

I did not say to install IE8, just uninstall IE9. Downloading another browser will not change anything, you must uninstall IE9 if you have it.

And IE8 does run on Windows 7 x86 and x64 and Windows 7 SP1 x86 and x64 just fine

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Yes, I had uninstall IE9. I use Firefox

IE 8 is not available any longer for W7. Do you know where I may download it?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3V17e View Post
Yes, I had uninstall IE9. I use Firefox

IE 8 is not available any longer for W7. Do you know where I may download it?
From my experience when uninstalling IE9, IE8 would automatically be re-installed, even on Windows 7 64 bit SP1. not sure why it wasnt installed automatically for you, id have to research it.

If you have another PC, and have not yet typed in the Serial Number, then try running the ERXP on another PC, just know that the ERXP Firmware updater will be locked to that PC, however once the firmware is updated to 2.0.1 you will never need to run the ERXP firmware updater again.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 PM

Thanks to everyone who commented. Your kindness and willingness to serve others at this forum is admirable. Benoni... THANK YOU!

Tech Support helped. It was decided that my PC permissions had been corrupted. Therefore they provided me another System ID and Serial and I did the upgrade at another PC at home.

It is important for all to know that one mus uninstall IE9 and run as administrator.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM

I have the exact same problem as L3V17e. Now I'm stuck with an activated key on a non-working computer.
I have W7 32bit, and I uninstalled IE9. The installation worked on WinXP but since my key is already activated, I couldn't go through the firmware upgrade...

I lost so much time already on it Who should I contact? https://www.avid.com/US/support webpage is so confusing and does not give any direct link to real support.

I hope that you can help me!
Cheers!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merejy View Post
I have the exact same problem as L3V17e. Now I'm stuck with an activated key on a non-working computer.
I have W7 32bit, and I uninstalled IE9. The installation worked on WinXP but since my key is already activated, I couldn't go through the firmware upgrade...

I lost so much time already on it Who should I contact? https://www.avid.com/US/support webpage is so confusing and does not give any direct link to real support.

I hope that you can help me!
Cheers!
More information please.

What Firmware is currently on your 11R? How did you uninstall IE9? Did you run the ERXP installer (both parts) with Run As Admin?

Are you connected to the internet? Do you have the latest Drivers for the 11R?

Have you upgraded to PT 8.0.5 LE yet?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
More information please.

What Firmware is currently on your 11R? How did you uninstall IE9? Did you run the ERXP installer (both parts) with Run As Admin?

Are you connected to the internet? Do you have the latest Drivers for the 11R?

Have you upgraded to PT 8.0.5 LE yet?
Hi! Thanks for asking
My 11R runs with firmware v1.03.
I uninstalled IE9 through the windows contorl panel.
I ran both ERXP installer in Admin. (To upgrade the FW, I even tried compatibilty mode, which miserably failed)
I am connected to internet and have the lastest windows driver (1.0.8).
I also upgraded to PT 8.0.5 LE.

I'm running out of ideas :-(