Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-23-2002, 03:52 PM

Default Editing a Midi program sound.... disabling vibrato on the Pitch Bend Bar

Thanks for any help...here's the scenario...

My sound module has 2 separate effects possible per Program sound(piano, guitar, whatever...). I have one effect Disabled, and am dealing with just ONE effect, right?

Now, on the pitch bend bar, it can be programmed to be a WahWah when pushed forward. OR it can be vibrato. I want straight Wah ONLY(which I've set it up to do), and no vibrato, but the vibrato won't go away.
Do any of you know where I might possibly disable vibrato, given that many Midi devices are similar in this type of setup?.....

So to sum up, I've got one effect (distortion) on this Program, the Pitch Bend is set to Wah, but it also triggers Vibrato, which I DON'T want. How do I disable Vibrato?

Thanks, Roy
Old 11-23-2002, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Editing a Midi program sound.... disabling vibrato on the Pitch Bend Bar

maybe it isnt possible to disable vibrato....but you could try to edit the vibrato parameters. Change the amplitude to zero, so although it will do a vibrato, it will detune by zero....

I also think this stuff needs to be edited on your sound-device, and not within ptle...

Bastiaan
Old 11-23-2002, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Editing a Midi program sound.... disabling vibrato on the Pitch Bend Bar

Thanks Bastiaan...
I am indeed exploring within the Device, and not PT. It MAY be, that it is programmed in with each sound, because I see nothing to set Vibrato parameters. Yet, one program has WAH and no vibrato when pushing the Pitch Bend forward, while another (the sound I want) has BOTH Wah and Vibrato.

I may have to give up on getting it MY way... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2002, 04:22 PM

just a silly thing......did you check the manual. Some of those are pretty unreadable, i know, but it should be in there. Maybe you can find something that will point your nose in the right direction. I am willing to do some research if you can tell me a bit more of your sound-device...

Bastiaan
Old 11-23-2002, 05:19 PM

Thank you Bastiaan,
I have no manual for this device, because when I bought it, all they had left was the demo (so I got it a bit cheaper). They 'couldn't find' the manual.
But, it's a Korg 01R/W Sound Module (there's a keyboard model with a slightly different Model #, but same thing).

Thanks, Roy
Old 11-24-2002, 02:16 AM

Roy,

I found the quickstartguide, and for what i can see, you have 2 independent effect in the box. I suggest you copy your program to a user-instrument, and try to remove the vibrato effect. Maybe that's also to be found in an LFO-menu...

I hope i make sense...

Faq's
Quickguide

Bastiaan
Old 11-24-2002, 08:38 AM

Thank you very much, Bastiaan...

Let me ask you, when you say "copy your program to a user-instrument", do you mean to copy it to a totally separate Midi device, or just to another program within the Korg itself?

-Roy

p.s. Thanks for the links!
Old 11-24-2002, 09:52 AM

within the korg. Usualy you have banks with preprogrammed sounds and settings that cant be altered. And you have banks of sounds that you can later. Start by copying the sound you want to such a userbank, and then you can access and change the settings. Maybe the korg doesnt work like that...

In the manual (quickstart) i saw you have 2 effect processors. I think one of them is providing the vibrato, and the other is providing the whawha. So maybe you can simply turn of the vibrato, or set the amplitude to zero...

Good luck!

Bastiaan
Old 11-24-2002, 11:27 AM

Thanks for your help, Bastiaan... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2002, 12:02 AM

But....did you get it working the way you want?

Bastiaan