Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 AM

Default HD & Apogee & Symphony

I'm about to setup a new ProTools HD2 system. We've been planning to use Apogee AD16X and DA16X for the front end with the XHD cards.

I spoke to a rep from Apogee the other day and he seemed to think we might be able to put just 1 XHD card in the AD16X, fit a Symphony PCI card in the MacPro and the XSymphony card in the DA16X and use advanced routing so we can have either 16 channels of DAE for the ProTools side and 16 channels of CoreAudio for Logic users.

This would be great if true as we have 8 Logic studios running Digidesign CoreAudio and moving Logic sessions into our current HD2 system is a real pain in terms of converting all tracks to HTDM and losing plug-ins etc.

Has anyone tried this setup before? I work in an educational establishment so we can't really afford to experiment and ease of use is key to what we use.

Any advice / feedback would be hugely appreciated.