Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-12-2002, 04:28 PM

Default Re: How many AmpliTube users out there?

I own a Pod, J-Station and now the Amplitube that came bundled with the Digi 002.

I never had a single problem with the installation or use of Amplitube under PT LE 5.3.2 with my Digi 002.

As for sonics, all three have their uses, as do things like Amp Farm (TDM only) and the BF Sansamp plug in. I really like the Pod for some things, and the J-Station for others... and having Amplitube in the software is a GREAT plus for me... I can print a amp'ed guitar (or a modeller) as well as a DI signal and then process to taste later.

IOW, the flexibility of Amplitube is a major benefit over the other two boxes. Sonically it's in the same ballpark as a Pod or J-Station, but with more tonal flexibility insofar as effects, "stomp box emulations", etc.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:59 PM

I've tryed the demo version. I like it better than most of the other units mentioned...The Line 6 units seem to have good high gain settings for solo type playing that the others don't quite achieve. I must say I believe that the AmpliTube has a very warm tone. I always prefer to mic my tube amp's (my Bogner has ALWAYS performed incredibly)....but I'd like the option of getting a mic'ed up sound via a direct connection. So far the AmpliTube plugin seems to have great flexability (I really like the 12 string-ish type clean tones) and are pretty believable. Of course, TONE is a very subjective thing. Depends on your standards.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:26 AM

Default How many AmpliTube users out there?

I've searched this board for AmpliTube threads. Please don't respond and tell me to do a search, it gets old.
I am wondering how many users have actually purchased AmpliTube? I could never get the demo to work, it kept crashing PT.
How good does it sound versus the obvious comparables such as a POD or J-Station? (I own a POD and think it's not that great overall, as I have the luxury of being able to crank my Vox for home recording, no neighbors)
Thanks!
3X 500GB 7,200 SATA DRIVES
OSX 10.5.7
PTLE 8.0cs3
Old 10-13-2002, 01:35 AM

I'm loving amplitube .. i'm using it less for 'guitar' signals but am running drums, keys, vocals and all manner of signals through it with great success. I'm loving it as a trashy multi-fx box on an AUX track as well with the amp sim bypassed and just using the pedal effects .. the reverb is suprisingly useful!

Very nice plugin.

I guess the user base for amplitube is quite small since people actually have to buy it instead of downloading a dodgy version.

Marcus
Old 10-13-2002, 07:59 AM

Phil is right about amplitube being versatile as far as changing amps and effects after recording.
I was gonna drop 300.00 on it but I can get the same kind of results with my 100.00 dollar Jstation .Dont get me wrong I wanted amplitube ever since I first seen it but my lower class finances sent me to the J station.The J station has digital outs that are really nice and quite, and I prefer the Distortions in the J station .
Line 6 has a new pod coming that is usb and has the vetta engine involved. Lots of options out their.Check them all out!!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 01:13 PM

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we are currently updating the amplitube website so we can share presets, etc, etc. Stay Tuned!
Old 10-13-2002, 04:23 PM

Hey Gang

I've been using the Amplitube, mainly when mixing, and i think it sounds great. I especially love using it for fattening up puny bass sounds, something that not many have talked about yet. I find its effects really handy on lots of stuff.. using the wah wah on drums for an effect is great. It seems pretty CPU friendly also.. not light but not too hungry.

The only thing that has put me off over the last week is that when i use it to mix, if i recall a mix to tweak it, a lot of the setting haven't been stored, and i have to go back and re-find the killer sound that i spent ages getting. This has been a major turn off. Anyone else having this problem?

And, for the record, Sampletank is fantastic also.

MC
Old 10-13-2002, 05:11 PM

Yo,
I just got it and am finding it very useful.
I even use it to jam with.
I also have a POD,a Guitar Port and have had a J-Station and
BFSansAmp; each one has their own pluses and not
many minuses. The ultimate would be if Line 6 would make the Guitar Port without the Port for
RTAS. It would also be great if Amplitube was not just RTAS but Audio Suite too; then we could
process our tracks offline like we can with Waves
plugs.
Tim Traynor
Backstage Gear
Old 10-14-2002, 01:54 AM

Why not just bus it to another track and record that? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.