Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 06-17-2019, 11:32 AM

Default Assertion Error 230

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I've spent several days now sifting through these threads (and everywhere else in internet land) but haven't found my specific issue. I've tried LITERALLY every method I've found to fix the other assertion line errors but it still does nothing and I am a full week behind work and worried i'm going to have to shell out a bunch of money at another studio just to finish projects.

I am getting the insertion error :

Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/238950/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 230.

I haven't seen anyone else with the line 230 version of the problem. What happens is, Everything works ok, HOWEVER if i push any empty plug in slot, the error comes up. This happens on every session. Even if I start a new session with one brand new audio track, there error comes up. I've tried multiple hard drives to see if it was a corruption - nothing seems to work.

I've trashed preferences, reinstalled PT 3 FULLY 3 times. I've reinstalled my Apollo software 3 times. I reinstalled and updated my OS to Mojave. I am going to the Apple store later to meet a technician although I don't have any faith in that trip.

I'm at a loss and can't figure what to do. Please help me.

- John

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2.5 GHZ intel i7, 16 GB ram, PT 12 (2019.5.0), UA Apollo interfaces (gray ones)
Old 06-17-2019, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Assertion Error 230

Maybe this works. Seems others solved the same problem.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402484
Old 06-17-2019, 11:55 AM

Hi John and welcome !

Don't know what things you did trying to solve it but ... try this :
Press N key while loading PT and change the audio interface back and forth .
( you can try playback with your integrated audio also for testing purposes )

Change the port where the Apollo is connected to another one available .

Check that all your plugins are up to date . You can try removing them from the plugins folder and running PT with any of them and see what happen .

Hope this helps ...or at least a start
Old 06-17-2019, 12:19 PM

Thanks y'all for getting back!

I've gone through that other thread before and tried those methods. I've tried changing the playback engine method at startup and from the setup tab. I've also deleted the PT aggregate Audio Midi thingy.

And thank you for this latest option - Alas, I moved all the plug ins out of the folder, but the same problem continues.

All I can think is there is something wrong with my computer's OS? I've repaired disk permissions and all that.

I'm at a loss.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpedigo View Post
Thanks y'all for getting back!

I've gone through that other thread before and tried those methods. I've tried changing the playback engine method at startup and from the setup tab. I've also deleted the PT aggregate Audio Midi thingy.

And thank you for this latest option - Alas, I moved all the plug ins out of the folder, but the same problem continues.

All I can think is there is something wrong with my computer's OS? I've repaired disk permissions and all that.

I'm at a loss.
I get the same error, did you get to fix it?