Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  ē  Community Terms of Use  ē  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  ē  Community Search  ē  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2019, 06:13 AM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Nigel,

I'm 99% sure Avid means if you renew your support plan this month you will get your new support coverage with old price
JFreak, so yes, itís true, I can choose to renew my support plan early, and beat the price increase, as it only comes into effect on July 1st.

In fact that section of the Q&A, at the end of Avidís announcement, is the only clue to the fact that the cost of the support plan is going up for Pro Tools (standard) perpetual licenses.

Avid clearly did not have the nuts to directly include the fact of the 50% hike in support plan renewals for Pro Tools (standard) perpetual licenses in the announcement itself.

As always with Avid, you have to focus on what they donít say, as much as what they do say.

And as for Teej, asking about reinstatement costs, well the announcement Q&A says ...

Q) Will avid still support Perpetual re-instatement programs?
We are currently evaluating these programs.

In other words ... Avid hasnít decided, or has decided NOT to still support reinstatement programs, but doesnít want to announce it yet .... because if Avid had definitely decided to carry on supporting reinstatement programs it would simply have said so!

And that may affect anyone, Ultimate or Standard perpetual license owner, who decided not to pay the annual fee, figuring they could wait several years with a version they can live with, and then reinstate to get current again only when stability improvements and new features provide enough incentive.

I think you will need to reinstate sooner rather than later, or you may well find the rug pulled out from under your feet!!
Pro Tools 2018, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)