Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Default Unable to locate M-Audio hardware (question)

I have read many posts about the Unable to locate M-Audio hardware message popping up, but they have all been for Pro Tools 8 and I have version 7.3.1. None of the other posts have offered any solutions that worked for me.

Here's the deal, I reinstalled Windows XP sp3 and am now trying to get protools 7.3 back up and running. I installed my M-Audio Firwire 410 Drivers and then pro tools. Upon first getting the error message, I took advice given on the DUC and reinstalled an older version of the Drivers. I'm still getting the message. MY 410 is connected and turned on, yet the computer does not communicate with it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where the trouble might be?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Unable to locate M-Audio hardware (question)

i had the same problem but i still can use my keyboard controller ...
what i found funny was that m audio wasnt even listed in the names of controllers when i was setting it up in my session ...yet didnt they buy out m audio hence pro tools m, powered the version im using

very strange things can happen in pt
Old 02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Avid

Default Re: Unable to locate M-Audio hardware (question)

Are you running Pro Tools LE or M-Powered?

If you're trying to run LE, that would explain the error.