Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2011, 02:59 PM

Thumbs down Re: PT9 Import Session Data crash

i've lost 3 hours tonight and i haven't solved the import session crash!
[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] AVID...!
Now you want my money for Pro tools 10 ?
[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:35 PM

Default Re: PT9 Import Session Data crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by progtox View Post
i've lost 3 hours tonight and i haven't solved the import session crash!
[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] AVID...!
Now you want my money for Pro tools 10 ?
[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]!
So, It looks like from your Sgnature, you are still on 9.0.0? Why.. THere were problems with that from the beginning. Go to 9.0.5.. VERY stable for me. I have a lot going and never any problems. That is just one thing you might think about if this is the case. The other is repair permissions after you have closed everything down..i.e. all apps beforehand. Good luck!
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-31-2011, 05:36 PM

sorry my old signature. I've the 9.0.5 and i've got all i can
permission
reboot
preferences
and so on...

He decide (pro tools)...he decide a project must crash...always...
Another project with same settings, same tracks, same band...all the same...perfect...another one...always crash when import some things from other projects. All random...but the same damn bug!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progtox View Post
sorry my old signature. I've the 9.0.5 and i've got all i can
permission
reboot
preferences
and so on...

He decide (pro tools)...he decide a project must crash...always...
Another project with same settings, same tracks, same band...all the same...perfect...another one...always crash when import some things from other projects. All random...but the same damn bug!
Gotcha..:)
Volumes? Protools prefs and database helper is great.. I still use that.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 AM

I've had the bug a couple of times here where the session cannot be saved, and PT is running out of memory.

Something is causing a memory leak, which can be observed with Activity Monitor. I can't recall the exact amount, but maybe it's dangerous when PT utilization is > 2GB or something. (search the DUC, there's a thread detailing it.)

In each instance I've been able to repair the project by:

- creating a new blank session at same settings (bit depth / sample rate etc)
- import tracks EXCEPT video tracks
- fwiw, at this stage I also eliminated (by not importing) 30 or 40 tracks of old OMF import tracks which were disabled.
- re-import the most pertinent video(s)

Quite frankly, I've no idea if the video exclusion helps. I just read somewhere that it might be an issue so I tried it. I've made no attempt to isolate the issue.

Perhaps I've been lucky, but in two instances on large projects this has helped.

Also: since this time, I now only import Quicktime and OMF via the import dialogs. Someone asserted that drag-and-drop import was related to causing the corruption, and indeed I've not experienced it since following that advice.

-jeremiah

ps - if Digi / Avid is interested, I can supply session docs which are corrupted with this bug.