Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Warning:go back to 8.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRugMan View Post
LOL #2 - are you going to post a thousand Bumps because you want to be a 4-figure posting Hobo ?!?

I'm right behind you YoRugMan!! Nipping at your heels.. arfff!!

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 AM

Anyone written to the editor of SoS magazine? That might get Avid to pull 8.03 before someone loses their hearing.

Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 03-30-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
Anyone written to the editor of SoS magazine? That might get Avid to pull 8.03 before someone loses their hearing.

Mike.
This is a great idea.

As Avid is a "public" company, is it not "the public's" responsibility to hold Avid accountable for its actions?

Unfortunately, Avid probably gives too much money to the major recording magazines for advertising for them to publish an article like "Avid: WTF is going on, bro?"

Maybe I'll try writing my congressman? I'm sure he could use ADC just as much as the next guy...
Old 04-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
This is a great idea.

As Avid is a "public" company, is it not "the public's" responsibility to hold Avid accountable for its actions?

Unfortunately, Avid probably gives too much money to the major recording magazines for advertising for them to publish an article like "Avid: WTF is going on, bro?"

Maybe I'll try writing my congressman? I'm sure he could use ADC just as much as the next guy...
I wrote a letter to Arnold Schwarznegger, he's gonna get involved pretty soon here.

<looks at AVID> "You have been erased"

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
Today while I was tracking I was hit with the White Noise blast that seems to be so rampant here. I experienced it one time and raising the buffer from 64 to 128 seemed to solve it. At least for a few weeks. I thought it was buffer related.
Problem with it happening today is that it blasted the drummers earphones
How did this slip past AVID? Why is it in 8.03? Pro Tools is a recording platform, and with 8.03 it is completely useless unless you want to deafen people.

I am usually politically correct and most of the time if I have a negative remark I do so with humor. Today, I am embarrassed to be using Pro Tools.
When I upgraded to 8.0.3 my Mac pro did not work with Axiom pro,
Waht about upgradign to snow leopard? I am on 10.5 shall I go to 10.6?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaron View Post
When I upgraded to 8.0.3 my Mac pro did not work with Axiom pro,
Waht about upgradign to snow leopard? I am on 10.5 shall I go to 10.6?
This would be a good question to ask on the Mac LE forum.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com