Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 04:33 PM

Default twilight zone

I had this problem once before with my old system... I go to print a mix and I hear a vocal glitch I never noticed before (imposible that I wouldn't have noticed it before). I play the the spot where I heard the glitch and no glitch. Ok, print the mix again, there's the glitch. I play the spot starting a long way back and no glitch. Play the song from the top and we have a glitch. The track is clean.

Anybody seen this?

sm
Old 01-12-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: twilight zone

I had a very similar Problem, I thought it might be an automation glitch that only occured when
starting the song from the top. I ended up printing the mix from the middle & out then From the Top to the Middle & Editing the two sections together then Duplicating the two regions to form one sound file.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:10 PM

Hi Steve,

I had this problem, but I just attributred it to the fact that our houses are built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

Joe
Old 01-16-2004, 03:25 PM

Hey Steve - how ya doin'???

I've had this happen a few times as well. I also narrowed it down to an automation glitch that seemed to only happen when playing the song form the top. If I played just the section, it was fine. If I started from the top, it glitched.

I think I tried thinning the automation in the offending area, and if that didn't work, I bounced the track. Always seemed to be in the area of alot of automation events.

Would love to know what causes it...

Todd Robbins
Nashville