Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2003, 05:24 PM

Default -9093 error\'s killing me!!!

Hello,
Finally gettin' in the loop using Pro Tools LE 6.1 w/ Digi 001 on Windows XP. Although the -9093 (increase buffer size) error's are just driving me crazy, i can't do anything without getting them, i've spent day's trying to figure this s**t out, i've tried pretty much everything that is suppose to solve the problem... disabling practically everything in my system, checking the DMA was enabled, checked for IRQ conflicts, using a separte drive from the O/S, even buying a new MB with NVIDIA chipset and Athlon XP chip that was recommened by Digi... even when descrease the buffer size it'll work after???...how screwy is that!!!

Anyone, with any insight would be much apprecieted... my system is:
ASUS A7N8X
Athlon XP 2600+
1.0GB DDR PC 2100
(2) Maxtor 40GB drives 7200rpm
ATI Rage Fury 128 Pro

Thanks,
Cory
[email protected]

(please restrain me from smashing my digi!!!)
Old 09-09-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Re: -9093 error\'s killing me!!!

Hi Cory,

I understand perfectly your frustration. I have a similar outfit to you, Win XP, with the AMD Athlon 2000+, and same motherboard. I have had my Digi002 system for a few months, and also had similar teething problems as you are describing. I had lots of -9093 errors and and others that were related to it. But I am happy to tell you that I sorted things out and have just completed an entire album of songs using the full 32 tracks of 24bit audio, along with heaps of plugins, with almost no errors at all, certainly very rarely.

The key to solving my errors was in creating a separate boot profile in the My Computer/Properties/Hardware Profiles area. While I didn't seem to have any IRQ conflicts, it seems that because ProTools is so demanding on the system, any other interrupts at all would interfere with its operation. So I made a "ProTools" hardware profile with everything disabled that I didn't need -- including the CD-Rom, extra monitor, sound controllers, network adapters, etc. Suddenly all my problems disappeared. I did this by disabling these items in the device manager, and then going to hardware profiles where I named the current configuration "ProTools". So now, when I am using my PC for serious ProTools work, I boot up on that profile.

Try it, it's easy, and also easy to boot up on the normal 'Default' boot if you aren't using ProTools. Once sovled, I suppose you could try reintroducing things back in. I recall tried bringing the CD-Rom back in and immediately got errors again.

Hope this helps,
Geoff

Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 PM

Have you tried different login profiles. Thats what worked for me w/o having to actually have different boot profiles.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-09-2003, 06:34 PM

Cory,

From the Answerbase:

"9093, -9094, -9129 error messages occuring on Windows operating systems.

For Intel-based systems, updating the Intel Ultra ATA storage controller to the Standard Dual PCI IDE controller resolves these errors. To do this:

1. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > IDE/ATA ATAPI Controllers.
2. Right Click on the Intel Ultra ATA storage controller and choose Properties.
3. Click the Driver tab, and then the Update Driver button.
4. The driver update wizard will start. Choose the bottom option for "Specify the location of the driver" and click "Next".
5. Now choose the bottom option for "Display a list of all drivers in a specific location" and click "Next".
6. Double click on the Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller to install this driver.
7. Close the device manager and restart the computer.
8. If the operating system is Win98 or WinME, be sure to enable DMA for any Hard Drives after the restart (see abase #6381)."

Worth a try.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-09-2003, 06:38 PM

Cliffy Boy ;-)

How can you disable devices using login profiles? I would be really inteested in knowing how.

Thanks
Geoff
Old 09-09-2003, 06:45 PM

I gotta say I feel your pain. I recently upgraded to to 6.1 and decided to upgrade hardware as well. I got a GB of PC3200 RAM, Athlon XP 3000+ and the same board you're using. I was completely plagued by -9093 errors. I tried everything and nothing helped. If the different profiles don't help bye a A7V8X, they work great. That's what I was using before I bought the A7N8X and it worked flawlessly. After 10+ hours trying to get the A7N8x to work I moved everything back to the A7V8X and things are running smooth again. No errors even running at 128 buffer with large sessions. Newegg.com is selling them for only $63 right now so save yourself the headache and grab one.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:30 PM

Geoff
You can't - but a fresh login with virtually no desktop icons worked. My computer is twice as fast, screen redraws are immediate. Don't ask why - our IT guy said there was probably corruption on the desktop OR by having .pts files directly available on the desktop slowed things down. I usually have technical answers - this is more art.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-09-2003, 08:43 PM

Okay, I don't know if this will help, but you deserve as many answers as you can get. This solved my problem with that error: I disabled all USB devices in Device Manager. When I need to use a USB device (which is never while using PT) I just enable it for that instance and then disable it again.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 PM

ME too. I was also plagued with issues until I did 2 things...moved from Intel (I know you are on AMD, but I wasn't) to AMD with an Asus A7V8X board and got a DIGI APPROVED FIREWARE CARD. SIIG to be specific. I've had no errors since. My only issue is my 002R sometimes needs to be booted without the FW cable plugged in - I think I may have a bad FW cable.

Good luck.
Asus A7V8x-x, XP2500+ Barton, 1GB DDR333,
120GB x2 HDDs, ATI Radeon 9000
DaveC = 32 + 6 aux
Old 09-10-2003, 03:55 PM

Hey, thanks for all the replies, this is such a great community, this alone is worth not smashing my digi 001... i've tried pretty much everything that everyone has advised me... it's helped out some i don't get the -9093 error messages "as much"... but it's still coming up????... i've read that the digi 001 doesn't support the NVIDIA NFORCE chipset and i've read that it does?? ... maybe i will just go with another MB... screw it!!!...

Also, does anyone know what HDD format is better when working with PTLE NTFS or FAT32???... my HDD's are formatted as FAT32, maybe that has something to do with it???...

Once agian thank's for all the help guys...

Cory