Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2018, 05:28 PM

Default Project 90% complete deleted.

Hi All

I am currently working on a project that just going through sign off period about 10k worth of work. I had some corruptions so selected tracks and exported those to a new session. Now I had used up most of my space on my scratch disk so went to free up by deleting the original project folders. I have done a couple of days work since on another project so hopefully not all the files have been written over. This morning I opened the project to find 4000 files missing. I literally feel sick, I am using the ashampoo undeleter at the moment waiting on that and hopefully be able to re link those files.

Can someone please help me understand what has happened here. I understood that when creating a new session from selected tracks it reconciles the session and audio files into one location. Is this not the case, I will need to understand this better for the purposes of delivering sessions to major contractor etc... I cant be giving them half a project or project without the audio files.