Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-13-2017, 01:45 PM

Default "incompatible EuCon version" error when launching Logic X

I'm getting this error whenever launching Logic on my iMac whether the Artist Mix is plugged in or not. I've installed the latest version of EuControl (3.6) and installed the latest firmware. I have a reasonably new iMac 5k Retina running Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5) and an almost current version of Logic Pro X (10.2.4). I suppose I could update the OS and Logic but this error message has been showing up for awhile now.

Any thoughts? I'm almost certain this version of EuControl is compatible w/ OS X 10.10.4 and higher so updating the OS shouldn't be the issue here.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: "incompatible EuCon version" error when launching Logic X

I think this means you have some old lingering EUCON on your system, try the clean EUCON script and then search for MC Client and delete any. Clean EUCON
Old 06-15-2017, 10:17 AM

Awesome! That worked.

ps As an aside, the fader values don't seem to align w/ the numbers on the Artist Mix display (and printed on the side of the fader). For example, +6 on the DAW is about +4.5 on the Mix unit. Is this because of a setting in the DAW? Perhaps a calibration is needed.

Thanks so much.
MD
Old 06-15-2017, 10:20 AM
Avid

This is up to Logic, not sure there a setting for it either
Old 06-15-2017, 10:25 AM

Ok, cheers.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I think this means you have some old lingering EUCON on your system, try the clean EUCON script and then search for MC Client and delete any. Clean EUCON
I appreciate the link I had forgotten about the Euphinix script to clean out the install, but this doesn't solve the problem, to me it looks like Avid reset a version counter and forgot when they did the update.
I have to say out of all software over the years the EuControl is the most unreliable software I've ever come across. it can cause no end of crashes and as for getting the networking working well thats like magic.Rolling back to 3.6 as I type this..
Old 12-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Al View Post
I appreciate the link I had forgotten about the Euphinix script to clean out the install, but this doesn't solve the problem, to me it looks like Avid reset a version counter and forgot when they did the update.
I have to say out of all software over the years the EuControl is the most unreliable software I've ever come across. it can cause no end of crashes and as for getting the networking working well thats like magic.Rolling back to 3.6 as I type this..
Please remember that there are 10's of thousands of EuControl users and whilst there were reliability issues in the past, these have been mostly cleared up over the last 3 releases. If it was as bad as you say I would not get any sleep ;-)
Just to clarify, you ran the 3.7 uninstaller that's in the Applications folder and reinstalled 3.7 and it still had this error?