Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 03-14-2003, 08:10 AM

Default Importing audio from other movie (almost there but..)

Ok. I am back because I need more help with import audio as movie thing. I am trying to get split sterio files into PT edit window from a two track CD. This time I will tell where I get stuck in the process so as to hopefully make it easier for you to help me.

First I load the CD in My CD rom/burner that’s part of my I book computer.
I open PT and go to file and click new session. Now a diolog box opens and I name my seesion.It tells me to save it on the hard drive or desktop.I pick HD. I pick 16 bit. Now the edit window appears.I click import audio from other movie. Here is where I get LOST..A diolog box comes up and there all these places under Hard drive and I don’t know what to click.I have clicked and clicked in the past and gotten nowhere. What do I do at this point?

I sure could use help.
I appreciate your patience with me on this question.
Thanks Tom
Old 03-14-2003, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Importing audio from other movie (almost there but..)

With the dialog box:

Locate the disc you want to import from on the desktop.

Open the disc, locate the track you want to import, highlight it, then Click add.

When the track is in the add window click done.

PT will then import and convert the track into two mono SDII files that will show up in the region bin as track # (whatever # the original track was) L & R.

Create two new audio tracks.

Click the first file in the bin, shift-click the second, and drag them both from the bin onto the two tracks in the edit window. Be sure to drag 'em all the way to the left if your in slip mode.

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]