Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-07-2003, 09:46 AM

Default Using PT le midi sequencer with korg triton studio

I've done a search, havent found what im looking for, I own a korg triton studio and pro tools le with digi 001 on a mac g4, i've connected the triton with the digi's midi i/o, i've been able to record midi, but i havent found a way, to make each midi track stick with an assigned program, lets say i record 6 midi tracks, 1 a violin, 2, tuba, 3 sax, 4 piano, 5 cello, 6 timpani, i cant seem to find a way to make each track to stick with its instrument, when i record the last instrument, all of the tracks make the triton play the same instrument, it would be the timpani in this case, instead of sticking with their original assigned instrument, im a total midi newbie, so please, be patient and go from the beginning [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] ), by they way i've set the midi clock on the triton to external, i dont know if tahts the way to go, i need to know how i need to set everything with pro tools, but with the triton too ( i've already posted on the triton site but dont know if the'll be able to help me) i really need to learn to do this to get a project going
Old 02-07-2003, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Using PT le midi sequencer with korg triton studio

seems like you need to set your Triton to multi-timbral mode (each manuf. has it's own term for it, ie: performance, global, sequencer, etc.). This is how the synth will trigger the different patches, each one receiving data on different midi channels.

If you have a manual, it should be explained in there.

Also, in PT,make sure 'Midi Thru' is checked, and that you have your MIDI I/O setup correctly on your track (Triton sends on 1 or all channels, and each track/part should receive on it's own channel, corresponding to what your multi-timbral setting on the Triton is set to).

good luck
Old 02-07-2003, 11:46 PM

This is the lazy was I do things using my Triton (and it's fine for me:).

I use sequencer mode and I always start off setting up a template for a song from one of the 16 preset song templates already in the Triton- these templates are excellent starting points for creating your own and you can save up to 16 of your own internally plus alot more to disk.

So when I open a project in PTLE I simply select the proper song in the Triton with all it's program and fx assignments already set up and im off straight away.

Therefore make sure that you are under seq mode and not program mode. You can also use combi mode but you'll only get a maximum of 8 separate programs at once where as in seq mode you'll get 16!

One great thing with the Triton is that is just so easy to set up multibimbrally- unlike many other Synths out there.

The Triton Studio (and Classic) have awesome fx capabilities so make sure you experiment heaps with assigning different fx to differnt programs in a song. You would be surprised at how many people don't bother doing this!!!!

Good Luck:).
Old 02-08-2003, 12:07 AM

I have a Triton also and had this same problem when I started sequencing. The Triton does not have what is called an "omni" mode in midi. Allowing transmission on more than one channel.

It sounds like you have the Triton in "Program" mode. It needs to be set to "Sequencer" mode.

Also you need to set what the controler will be in your OMS. If you experience two different sounds playing at the same time when you press the keys on the keyboard, go to global>midi menu on the Triton and uncheck the local on check mark.

This should take care of your problem. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]