Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-06-2000, 12:24 PM

Default Transfer sequences from Korg Triton Pro Sequencer to PT/LE via MIDI

My friend recently purchased a Korg Triton Pro and uses the internal sequencer to write MIDI song sketches away from the studio. When we get together at the studio, using Digi 001 & Pro Tools LE, I use the computer as a Master and Triton as slave, running one track at a time into PT by setting Triton's sequencer to "External MIDI." This per-track transfer method, however, creates a latency problem (I guess) which places all of the notes off the bar line slightly. If I try to quantize or "input quantize", I typically ruin the feel of the original performance. Is there way to avoid this latency problem during transfer without quantizing? The Triton has a SCSI interface. Can I transfer the MIDI files to my G4 and import them into PT somehow?
Old 03-06-2000, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Transfer sequences from Korg Triton Pro Sequencer to PT/LE via MIDI

Hye Bryan,

I just Exported and Imported a bunch of MIDI tracks yesterday. It was only between different PT Sessions but it worked flawlessly. Pages 130 & 131 of the manual (I think) discuss this. So if the Korg lets you export multi-track MIDI you should be fine. (does the korg have a floppy?)

Good luck.

--Gio
Old 03-07-2000, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Transfer sequences from Korg Triton Pro Sequencer to PT/LE via MIDI

You can save your Triton sequences to floppy disk as a Standard Midi File. If this floppy format is DOS-based (most are), then just save it there as a Standard Midi file (type 1). PTLE can then import that midi file. Just make sure your Mac is set up to be able to read DOS floppies.

Then you won't have to deal with track-at-a-time issues or any timing inconsistencies with MTC and synchronization.

This should be a relatively simple procedure.

Of course, you'll need a floppy drive for your Mac - or a PC, in which case you can email the midi file to your Mac and get it that way. It's cumbersome, but it works.

------------------
LW

[This message has been edited by lwilliam (edited March 06, 2000).]

PTLE8/002r;OS 10.6.4 2 x 2.26Ghz quadcore,6GB RAM, Waves Platinum, many other plugins...