Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Regions Greyed Out?

I don't know where to start on this one.

I have a series of regions that point to a central continuous recording from a stereo drum overhead (CymbalR.wav).

Beat detective was used on the track and it is now in about a bazillion regions. (This is ok)

When I moved the Audio Files to a new centralized folder for the project and opened the project, it found all the files, but one track (CymbalR) now shows all regions in light grey (muted?) and the track does not play. Each region shows and contains the appropriate waveform, but no region in the entire track displays in color...all lightly greyed out, and no sound emanates from the track, any sub-region or series of regions???

I have checked the underlying audio file, and it plays if put in another track. And the Left side track, which was processed in the same way, plays fine.

If I drag any sub-region of the (CymbalR) track from the Regions bin into a new track, it is colored and it plays. If I drag that same region from the (CymbalR) Track into a new track, it remains greyed out (muted?) and does not play.

What have I done to turn off or mute the regions in this track (and how do I undo it)?

...JB
Old 04-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Regions Greyed Out?

Found it!

Selected all regions in the track, then used Region Mute/Unmute command to unmute all regions in the track.

Have no idea how that got turned on (off?), but...

Nicely covered in the PT Reference Guide once the light bulb went on...

...Been tracking too many late night sessionssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Huh...What?

...JB