Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2011, 06:14 PM

Default No Sound - Going Crazy!!!

Hi Everyone,
So I'm running a 001 on a Dell Dimension e510 using XP and PT LE 6.4. I just had a major computer crash but it was saved when a friend installed a new power supply and fixed a "transistor" on the motherboard (not sure what that means, but that's what he said). Now the computer starts up just fine and works perfectly except I can't hear any sound. I've always been routing all audio playback programs through 001 using the the MME Helper. But now when I launch an mp3 via Windows Media Player, it looks as if it is playing, but I can't hear anything. Same with streaming audio/video. In the Device Manger there is a yellow exclamation point next to the 001, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the 001 and still no luck.The 001 doesn't even appear as an audio device in the drop down menu in the Sounds & Audio Devices section of the Control Panel (but SigmaTel Audio does). When I shut off and restart the computer, I can hear the speakers pop, indicating at least there is a connection between them and the computer. But no sound otherwise. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:23 PM

Default Re: No Sound - Going Crazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixntrixx View Post
In the Device Manger there is a yellow exclamation point next to the 001...
Expand the entry and see what the error code is.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the response. The error code is 10. This device cannot start.

Interestingly, after multiple restarts the sound finally came on. Lasted for about an hour. Walked away from my computer for a bit and sure enough the sound went away again and is still not present after multiple start ups. It seems like for some reason the 001 isn't initializing at start up and if it does, it's just random and temporary. Hope this helps :)
Old 12-18-2011, 04:44 PM

I hate to say it but the problem could be with the card or PCI slot. You could try moving the card to an alternate slot and keep your fingers crossed.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control