Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-06-2006, 08:05 AM

Default Unable to Authorize Plugins..

I couldn't install the V.2 plugins bundled in the 002 pack.
I can't authorize intel-based OSX plugins that I downloaded and installed from the Digi site.
I have an iLok that came with my Factory v.2 bundle. It has been registered at the iLok site, and all plugins are listed in my account/contents page. However, when I start PT all of the Factory V.2's try to activate one by one. Each time I try to do an internet activation I get the following message:
Internet activation for purchases is currently disabled. Please check the Digistore for alternate purchase methods.

Mac Pro Quad Xeon/OSX 10.4.7/DIGI002/PTLE7.1.1cs1

All replies are welcome and appreciated.

Note: could this be because I downloaded the plugins separately instead of downloading the bundle version?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Unable to Authorize Plugins..

There is no need for internet activation for the factory bundle plug-ins. The only way that they work is by keeping the iLok key plugged in because that key is PRE authorized with the licenses for them. There is no need for activation of any kind. Just make sure you install the factory bundle from the Intel Mac 7.1.1 download section of the site. Your disk won't work for intel mac. Once you install the bundle, it's just one download, then you can pop your ilok in and launch pro tools. Make sure the light is on on the ilok and the ilok is being seen by your computer.

If you installed the wrong plugins previously then delete them from your plug-ins folder. HD>library>application support>digidesign>plugins
Old 09-11-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Unable to Authorize Plugins..

It Worked!
Thanks JohnnyG !