How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-25-2019, 05:32 AM

Default Re: New CLA Plugin - Looks Very Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You said you tried the usual troubleshooting steps - did that include dumping the databases and having PT rescan things on startup?
Yes and now I'm completely reinstalling Waves, it takes time because mine is a 10gb+ download because of the the instruments, and I'm not even installing the HD libraries while this is not solved, that would be over 45gb!
Old 01-25-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
I thought you banished Waves plugins to the dustbin of history
Yes we did but this new CLA is a SSL emulation which for a one time deal we can look the other way LOL.

I am just always anxious when updating Waves as something always goes wrong!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-25-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Yes and now I'm completely reinstalling Waves, it takes time because mine is a 10gb+ download because of the the instruments, and I'm not even installing the HD libraries while this is not solved, that would be over 45gb!
Got done with my weekly backups and tests and downloaded and installed the CLA. Fired up PT and it didn't show; also didn't show in Studio Rack. Then fired up BlueCat Patchwork and as you may know Waves plugins don't show by plugin but by waveshell. Saw there was a new Waveshell 5. Tried that and a single knob gui came up that looked like their one-knob series.

Then checked the Waves folder in my Applications folder (remember that I'm on a Mac) and CLA showed there. Tried calling up CLA in Digital Performer and on it's plugin scan it failed because there was no license. So it's off to Waves Central and sure enough the license was not in there. Had to bring it in manually and now all is well. I see it in PT inserts as well as Studio Rack and Scheps Omni channel. Check that the license is on your machine.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 01-25-2019 at 07:43 AM. Reason: corrected spelling errors
Old 01-25-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I am just always anxious when updating Waves as something always goes wrong!
This is where I am now. Been trying to make it work since 7 am.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Got done with my weekly backups and tests and downloaded and installed the CLA. Fired up PT and it didn't show; also didn't show in Studio Rack. Then fired up BlueCat Patchwork and as you may know Waves plugins don't sjow by plugin but by waveshell. Saw there was a new Waveshell 5. Tried that and a single knob gui came up that looked like their one-knob series.

The checked the Waves folder in my Applications folder (remember that I'm on a Mac) and CLA showed there. Tried calling up CLA in Digital Performer and on it's plugin scan it failed because there was no license. So it's off to Waves Central and sure enough the license was not in there. Had to bring it in manually and now all is well. I see it in PT inserts as well as Studio Rack and Scheps Omni channel. Check that the license is on your machine.
I screwed it all because the reinstall lost the SG path and when asked I selected the wrong one, long story short I'm reinstalling all again. Not much sleep last night makes today a bad IT day.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:11 AM

And just so you guys laugh at me, I just made it work. It's 10:10am
Full reinstall and complete cleanup with guitardom's app
Thanks a lot Jack for the help!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
And just so you guys laugh at me, I just made it work. It's 10:10am
Full reinstall and complete cleanup with guitardom's app
Thanks a lot Jack for the help!
Anytime.
Waves installs can be challenging. It's why I waited until I got my backups done before trying this. I learned before doing any Waves install to do a backup; it saved me a couple of times in the past.

QAPLA!
Old 01-25-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Anytime.
Waves installs can be challenging. It's why I waited until I got my backups done before trying this. I learned before doing any Waves install to do a backup; it saved me a couple of times in the past.

I have a bunch of Waves plugins and I've never had an issue with install that I recall. Is this a Mac thing? I'm on Windows.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I have a bunch of Waves plugins and I've never had an issue with install that I recall. Is this a Mac thing? I'm on Windows.
I'm on Windows too. The only problem I had in the past was with the licenses but that's an easy fix and you dont even have to close PT, but today was a new thing. That remind me, I still have to install the HD libraries
Old 01-25-2019, 09:52 AM

This thing is a cpu hog. I put it on 32 of 40 tracks in a version I did of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells with every section on CLA enabled. Made inactive all other plugins in the session. Everything is either audio or aux tracks. No active vi's.

Hit play.
Instant 9173.

Restarted the session and went up in blocks of 8 instances on individual tracks again with all other plugins in the session made inactive.
8 instances no problem
16 instances no problem
24 instances no problem.
now in 2 track blocks:
26 instances total cpu meter several times went into red and hit almost 100%
28 instances - played for about 6 minutes and then got a 9173
29 instances - instant 9173

Remember that this is with every other plugin in the session (10 total with Eventide Ultraverb on an aux fed by two tracks and a smattering of other plugins). When I enabled all those plugins 24 instances of CLA flirted with major red indications on the total cpu meter. Gave it a couple of minutes and then a 9173.

This is all on the 2012 Mac cheesegrater in my profile. I have no doubt a more modern machine will do better. This is one plugin that definitely screams for dsp

QAPLA!