Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Avid Cloud Collaboration
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Cloud Collab video from Sweetwater

That is looking very cool... most detail yet.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:15 PM

I didn't watch the entire video, but I didn't see any attempt at truly real time accompaniment/collaboration. What I saw involved transferring stems, then recording a track at the other end, then transferring it back. They also had a very fast internet connection in the video.

Did I miss anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
Odd that the first news comes from Sweetwater: http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/avi...by-sweetwater/

Joel
Old 03-02-2016, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
I didn't watch the entire video, but I didn't see any attempt at truly real time accompaniment/collaboration. What I saw involved transferring stems, then recording a track at the other end, then transferring it back. They also had a very fast internet connection in the video.

Did I miss anything?
True but the new Project format appears to be in real time, in the sense that it monitors file activity on either end... there's at least that dedicated connection...

What I couldn't tell is if video chat is integrated... they were using Skype in the demo, but the new PT Artist Chat window shown appeared to have a video chat icon itself...
Old 03-02-2016, 07:03 AM

The fact they were using Skype should tell us that feature is not yet implemented.

Seeing it in action, it seems to do far less than the original hype promised. (Which any technically savvy person knew was all but impossible.) Even so, the feature does seem like it could be quite useful in specific situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
True but the new Project format appears to be in real time, in the sense that it monitors file activity on either end... there's at least that dedicated connection...

What I couldn't tell is if video chat is integrated... they were using Skype in the demo, but the new PT Artist Chat window shown appeared to have a video chat icon itself...
Old 03-04-2016, 01:40 PM

Default Demo of 12.5's collaborative tools

Ran across this in a Sweetwater email...

http://youtu.be/Oza0ibDOTms

Collaborative features look kinda cool.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Avid; 03-07-2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Merged from thread on same topic.