Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 02-21-2016, 05:02 AM

Default will Avid update the 11 rack drivers to work with 12

the internet is full of ppl who are having problems getting the elevenrack drivers to work with PT12

it loads fine then just as you tell it to start a track it gives this error :

Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, thread cause a DEP Violation at: 0x0000000000118084.

soon as I removed the drivers and used my crappy onboard sound card pro tools loads properly .... then I installed them again same problem ..... then I uninstalled them again and installed an older version of the drivers and still the same problem

CAN AVID FIX THIS? ... its not like I'm asking a lot for the 700 in protools and the 500 I paid for the eleven rack .. to have it work ... Along with all the other ppl that put their trust in avid the latest mac drivers were up dated in 2016 .... the pc drivers were last updated in 2015
Old 02-21-2016, 03:19 PM

Default Re: will Avid update the 11 rack drivers to work with 12

It'll be interesting to see what Avid does here, especially considering their attitude toward the 11R in general.

IOW it's dead to them.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 02-21-2016, 06:59 PM

agreed judging how they handle customer support the "non contract users" even though its us that keep the company afloat buy buying every new iteration of protools that comes out ... I wouldn't hold my breath
Old 02-27-2016, 10:58 AM

Default my last plea to avid

I have the eleven rack with the latest firmware and protools 12 running on windows 10 64 bit

I keep getting
following error messages :

(first)
it keeps says it cant communicate with elevenrack #2
then when I try to load a session I get the following error message

Access violation occurred, thread cause a DEP Violation at: 0x0000000000118084

I have looked everyplace on the net and the only thing I can see is to load a session and go to setup/midi input/then input devices and delete all the ones that say #2 elevenrack

but I cant even get to that point because I cant load a session because of the error: Access violation occurred, thread cause a DEP Violation at: 0x0000000000118084 error locks the whole system up

I also read to trash the prefs I went to appdata/user/avid/and deleted the protools folder no improvmenrt

then I deleted every thing and did a regcheck 100% and installed it all again Still no improvement

what I think is happening is that protools thinks I have 2 eleven racks installed and its trying to acess 1 memory location for both?

Also it all works with the mbox2 no problems but I want to use my elevenrack

so avid please help me this is my last attempt before I sell all my avid stuff and go to a different company ... it would be a shame because I have been with protools since 7
Old 02-27-2016, 11:13 AM
Avid

Post Re: will Avid update the 11 rack drivers to work with 12

Hello ddropski,

We merged your threads since they are on the same topic.

The issue here is not Eleven Rack Drivers with Pro Tools 12 but more likely that you are running Windows 10 which is not a supported OS.

Please see the following KB articles for OS compatibility:
Pro Tools 12.4 Information & Downloads
Pro Tools Operating System Compatibility Chart
Eleven Rack Drivers

At this time we would recommend running Pro Tools & Eleven Rack with Win 7, 8, or 8.1 (set up a dual boot system if possible).

Please subscribe to the above KB articles to be notified of changes.

Best regards,
JC
Old 02-27-2016, 12:22 PM

Default Re: my last plea to avid

First watch this to fix your Eleven Rack #2 error
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d802nCX_s3Y

You need to manually uninstall everything Eleven Rack and start over. If that does not work then uninstall the 11R driver and Pro Tools, run Ccleaner, and then try a re-install.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-28-2016, 03:04 AM

@Avid Audio Tech Support

"The issue here is not Eleven Rack Drivers with Pro Tools 12 but more likely that you are running Windows 10 which is not a supported OS."

Sorry avid I have to call B.S. on this because it worked perfectly with win 10 and protools 11 ... just not pt 12........ besides look 3 inches above this post at Bentoni's sig ... funny hes running win 10 64 bit and it works for him .. so I guess windows is not the problem ...

that seems to always be avids narrative blame something else other than your product ....every forum you guys always look for something to blame instead of manning up and saying well its a problem with our product we need to look into that ... The truth will set you free

@Benoni
the video fixed part of my problem .. thank you Verry good video btw you did a fantastic job

I noticed that if I power off the elevenrack and start it using my mbox 3 (bypassing the error ) open a session and then turn on the power to the elevenrack and switch to the elevenrack in the setup options it works with out a problem

so now I'm scratching my head cuz it can work .. but it still kinda sucks lots of hastle ... Gerrrr

Last edited by ddropski; 02-28-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:08 PM

Is your Eleven Rack set as your audio device for Windows? If it is, Windows may be holding on to it and not letting it be used for Pro Tools. Disable the Eleven Rack from playback and recording devices for Windows.

It's true I am using Windows 10, but it is not approved for Pro Tools at this time. It works for me but your results may vary.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-29-2016, 03:29 PM

no I'm using my creative xfi soundcard .. god if only it was that easy ... but its not (cries a little)

it was a good try though
Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 PM

Default Re: my last plea to avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddropski View Post
Access violation occurred, thread cause a DEP Violation at: 0x0000000000118084
Do you have a midi keyboard controller? I got this same error with my AxionPro 64. Once I removed it from the Midi Controllers tab the problem went away. My keyboard is automatically recognized through Setup->Midi->Midi Input Devices.

It is unclear to me why ProTools has Keyboard controller management in two different locations. I suspect this is a bug and I'm hoping Avid will fix this in a future release.

Patrick