Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Question Re: AVID Selling M-Audio and Pinnacle Lines!!!

I think people were looking for a break away from PCIe...... the upgrade was way to small.....
Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 AM

Default Re: AVID Selling M-Audio and Pinnacle Lines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp View Post
Let me slow it down for you.......the civil posts above ..... are discussing about the Artist series fader packs which everyone seems to understand but you.....odd??

The faders are simple encoders which I might be a couple dollars off and are not high end type which are in the Pro series.....comprehend...?
I was being civil and I just asked a question. Comprehend?

QAPLA!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Let me slow it down for you.......the civil posts above ..... are discussing about the Artist series fader packs which everyone seems to understand but you.....odd??

The faders are simple encoders which I might be a couple dollars off and are not high end type which are in the Pro series.....comprehend...?
... are discussing about the Artist series fader packs which everyone seems to understand but you ...

No, he was just the first to post his lack of understanding...

There is no "Artist series fader pack" which is probably why no one had a clue what you are talking about.

And there was not enough context in your post to allow us to figure out that you were discussing the Avid Artist Mix...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 AM

Seems like "Darryl" and "dterry" followed without a problem and within context?

Darryl quote:

Quote:
I think what Avid ended up with was a black-eye from the MC low-end products being rushed to market
dterry quote:

Quote:
The Artist series may seem like a failure of sorts to you, but after the 1st gen, it's been quite solid
Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 AM

What are you guys talking about? Fader what? Seriously what is this about.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:28 AM

Artist series moving encoder faders compared to MC Pro in a couple short post.....

Products > Artist series > Artist Mix > 8-fader control surface
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
... are discussing about the Artist series fader packs which everyone seems to understand but you ...

No, he was just the first to post his lack of understanding...

There is no "Artist series fader pack" which is probably why no one had a clue what you are talking about.

And there was not enough context in your post to allow us to figure out that you were discussing the Avid Artist Mix...
Quote:
Seems like "Darryl" and "dterry" followed without a problem and within context?

Darryl quote:

dterry quote:
Bill Denton had it right. There is no such thing as an Artist series fader pack. If you're going to make disparaging comments about something at least use the right terminology and not some construct of yours and then we ALL can understand. Comprende mi amigo?

QAPLA!
Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 PM

really.........

Let me put it together for you.......

I used the Artist series in the sentence which if you go through to Avid > Products > Artist Series.......I guess I didn't spell it to the exact wording but thought all who viewed understood what I was saying....instead using "Fader Pack" which means faders are involved I should of used Artist Mix ...

I've been using PT since PTII/442 and I'll bet that was even before the mighty DTS knew about DAW's ........but that's just my opinion.......Now I own two 32ch HD systems ....how times change.....
Old 07-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
really.........

Let me put it together for you.......

I used the Artist series in the sentence which if you go through to Avid > Products > Artist Series.......I guess I didn't spell it to the exact wording but thought all who viewed understood what I was saying....instead using "Fader Pack" which means faders are involved I should of used Artist Mix ...
To be specific you never used the words 'Artist series' in the post of yours I quoted. Not everyone understands what you are talking about.

QAPLA!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:57 PM

It started on post #95 were I mentioned "MC line"...which Darryl responded and knew what I was talking about by again mentioning "MC low end products" followed by dterry mentioning "The Artist series" again no problems and still in context ...then I mention the faders which were referring to the above posts topic of "MC line", "MC low end products", "The Artist Series" which are all related.....

Now, can we just let it go .........