Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Upgrade: DV Toolkit > Complete Production Toolkit2

really?
Where did you read that?
(I mean the nowgone mutiple Videotracks)

www.meloton.de
Old 10-21-2011, 12:29 PM

That's been the case since CPTK2 came out. They added the DV Toolkit features into PT9, but gave only one video track. You had to buy CPTK2 to get multiple video. This was the case as soon as CPTK2 and PT9 came out, but not everyone noticed right away.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM

this chart shows what the toolkit adds in the pt10 (regular) column where marked with *

http://www.avid.com/US/products/fami...-tools/compare
Old 10-21-2011, 12:55 PM

aah yes, I knew that.
I thought you mean WITH CPTK you don't get multiple videotracks any more in PT10.

www.meloton.de
Old 10-21-2011, 01:59 PM

Add me to the list of people upset about the loss of the upgrade pricing from DVTK2 to Complete. Was about to purchase two weeks ago, but held off for yesterday's announcement. The last thing I wanted to happen was to buy and them include all the Complete functions in the upgrade (ala PT9 and DVTK2). Also didn't think they would pull stuff so quickly.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Avid

The DVTK to CPTK upgrade will be available again in the next week or two on the Avid Store. I think Max didn't get the late breaking info about it still being offered - it was pulled temporarily for technical reasons mostly related to setting up the process for surrendering the old license and to remove 3rd party content from the 'package'.

So - hang tight!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM

In the AUB chat yesterday, Max said that 'the time for those upgrades are over and will be no longer offered'. Smells a bit fishy to me...

Methinks Avid are discovering the meaning of the term 'panic'...

Still, good news for the DVTK guys if you're right, DTS. Nice one.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 10-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The DVTK to CPTK upgrade will be available again in the next week or two on the Avid Store. I think Max didn't get the late breaking info about it still being offered - it was pulled temporarily for technical reasons mostly related to setting up the process for surrendering the old license and to remove 3rd party content from the 'package'.

So - hang tight!
this is semi-good news i guess. i'm really worried what the price will be considering the HD upgrade pricing, although there's nothing changed in the toolkit that warrants a price change.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 AM

This morning I nearly push the panic button when I found no upgrade from DV Toolkit 2 to CPTK. Pro Tools user since 1996 and first time I was thinking seriously jump off the wagon. Glad to find this thread and hope DTS is right...
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post

So - hang tight!
Sorry to be a pest-- is Avid really going to have this upgrade again? If they aren't I'm not sure that PT10 is for me....

thanks

phil p
Closed Thread