Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM

Exclamation Eucon connection bug or issue with Mackie Control

Ok, I am hoping someone here can help me out. I am on Windows7 64. I had ableton working using Mackie Control wonderfully. Now somehow something is preventing it from starting right away without a tweak. I think something is running or the service needs re-configuration.

After having Ableton working so well, I went to test out Cubase with the MC control. I didn't have channels 1-8 available as it is assigned to Ableton so I removed my addition of cubase using the control panel icon. Now when I open Ableton that has Mackie control that was working great it does not have transport control working. The only workaround I have found is to add another app using the control panel eucon icon. I would add ableton again and then delete it. Open ableton and then all would work as usual. I have all these soft keys programmed and I am afraid of loosing them if I reinstall. I get it working and the same problem occurs when I restart the pc. I think I need to kill a process or something. Anyone out there have a clue? Thanks guys!!!

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Eucon connection bug or issue with Mackie Control

Yeah not even pro tools transport works when rebooting...I have to enable Eucon in pro tools again after reboot. Please will saving a layout stay if I reinstall?

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Forgot to mention, when I change or add eucon app while ableton is open I get BSOD Everytime... Pro Tools did come back with transport control this last reboot. Times before though I know I had to re enable it.

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 PM

I am tempted to re install it but I dont want to loose my layout... Ughh

wait found this

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...211?popup=true

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM

I guess I fixed it with wiping out the installation and the folders and then reinstalling and restoring my layouts. I think I am goo now. That was lame

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 PM

UPDATE
Ok, I cannot seem to get this to work without having to switch Mackie Control Assignments around before starting Ableton.

How can I wipe this out and start fresh?

I am now very frustrated as it was working perfectly. Its like I have to re assign it before launching. No mater what I do or what channels I assign ableton too I have to change it before entering. I just need to remove all Euphonix registry stuff and whatever and start fresh I feel. Help. Super annoyed!

www.WenzMastering.com