Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2021, 11:39 AM

Default Pro Tools Perpetual License on my iLok is not recognized

Hello,

I have the following:
Pro Tools 11.3.2
Mac OS Catalina
Macbook Pro (15-inch, mid 2012)
I bought a Pro Tools perpetual license on 11/08/17.

My iLok does not recognize my Pro Tools perpetual license; however, my iLok License Manager shows that I have a Pro Tools Perpetual License.
Avid.com shows that I have a Pro Tools perpetual license under my products. I tried re-downloading Pro Tools 10 and 11 to see if it would work, but that hasn't worked either.
When I open Pro Tools and log in to iLok, I receive this notification:

"You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there ahve activations available. If you have an iLok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now.
You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software.
You may need to visit the Avid web site to get a license deposited to your account."

How do I get access to Pro Tools again, and get my iLok USB device to recognize my Pro Tools perpetual license?
Do I need to deactivate my license from my iLok? That seems risky to me, so I haven't done so yet.

Can anyone here help? I have tried everything I know.

Thank you,

Lorenzo
Old 04-22-2021, 12:10 PM

Default Re: iLok Pro Tools Perpetual activation not recognized

Welcome to the community.

A Pro Tools Perpetual license can authorize v12.6/higher. Check the Release Limit date in Details for the license in iLok License Manager to find the most current version of Pro Tools it can run - that should be available in your Avid account.

See avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Does-Pro-Tools-12-6-need-a-new-license as well as avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/Error_Message/trying-to-run-a-newer-version-of-Pro-Tools-than-allowed-by-your-license which explains the Release Limit.

avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/Compatibility/Pro-Tools-Operating-System-Compatibility-Chart shows the supported OS versions for each PT release.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Perpetual License on my iLok is not recognized

Thank you for your reply.
The release date reads: "Versions released on or before 11/08/18". Due to your email, it appears that 2018.10 is the latest version. What can I do with that 2018.10 information though? I already tried downloading the Pro Tools 2018.10 MAC (DMG) 1.46 GB, and my iLOK still did not recognize my perpetual license.

So if none of my attempts at gathering my older version of Pro Tools has not worked, then what is my next option to go to MyAvidAccount to renew an upgrade plan even though I have a perpetual license?

Should I not go perpetual license anymore and just stick with the subscription? What is the safest, cost-effective, and/or easiest way to move forward so I have less future stress? I just want to get to know the pros and cons of each decision better than what I know on a surface level.

In the third link that you sent me, I did the "synergize" option; however, that did not move me forward.

For the fourth link, I have OS Catalina. Do I have to download Mac OS Sierra 10.13.3 to be able to run the version of Pro Tools that I have?

I know it's a lot of questions. Could you please answer each paragraph individually as best as possible. If so, I would GREATLY appreciate it. You're the only person who I could talk to about this, so any response is super helpful.

Thank you,

Lorenzo