Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2016, 03:59 PM

Default Re: When can we expect HD Core Audio to be fixed for Mac OS X El Capitan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post
Cool. In all our tests with 10.10 and up PT is the only app that works for us.

You lucked out.
I wonder why? I was using Reason in stand alone just yesterday ?? And only sort of lucked out, because I cannot get Final Cut to work at all For that I have to re boot from my drive that has Mav's on it .
Bottom line is, it should be fixed period..Lets hope Drew M is right.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-26-2016, 07:27 PM

Default Re: When can we expect HD Core Audio to be fixed for Mac OS X El Capitan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Wait ! What ? I thought this was only an Avid HD hardware Core Audio driver problem ? Are you saying you can't close PT and run ITunes or Sound Cloud thru your system either ?
Hi K-Roche ,
It's not just HD users , I am on Pro Tools Native Version and the broken AVIDCore Audio problem has royally screwed with all my other applications and hardware (that I liked to use to using everyday), but now cannot use them at all with my MBox3pro (that use also Avid Core Audio)

.., things like ...,
- all my Native instruments Hardware,
- apps like Guitar Rig ,
- Other Native Instruments Software like their Convolution Reverb (that uses the guitar rig engine) ,
- and also other companies like Audiofile Triumph CD mastering software.

Avid offered a crappy workaround .., which recommended removing AvidCore Audio from the Hal Folder ..., if I wanted anything like the above to work

.., but if that suggested workaround was actually used :

- Then that suggested workaround made EVERYTHING ELSE (ie; out side of using a pro tools session only) >>> to NOT work with my MBox3 pro interface (eg; iTunes , You-tube etc )

As a realistic workaround ..,
I have since had to purchase other expensive items to replace (and re-learn) those thing I relied on day to day ,
.., money and time unnecessarily spent if AVID had of bothered fixing what they broke, plus add to that the endless bugs we all suffered past year , and to realize we are now paying extra for all this non-functionality ahhhhh

Yosemite's release was on 16th October 2014 - we are still waiting on AVID to fix this.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 10-27-2016, 02:25 PM

Yep, got the answer from Avid now. Back to a cable...

Quote:
Hello Kenneth,

Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) included significant changes in Apple's Core Audio architecture which rendered Avid's existing HD Core Audio Driver non-functional. Bringing our HD hardware in line with Apple’s architectural changes has required more than simply modifying our existing driver - an entirely different driver was needed, which required all new code. Work on this new driver has been underway for quite some time now, and we are making progress. We can not project a release date at this time, but rest assured this is a priority, and we are working on it.

As a workaround, you can use your built in sound device or other audio interface for your other DAW and connect its audio output to your HDX's audio input so that you can hear it on your studio speakers.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:51 PM

Although all the work is finalized in PT HDX we are using Live, Reason, Studio One and DP (each has its own strengths depending on a given project)... Core Audio was working just fine (well except for Apple audio) until we updated to 12.6 ...now its totally broken
We are fed up and just ordered the Thunderbolt Resident Audio T2 unit just so we can work on those other DAWs...
It is redundant and sad that we have to add more third party hardware, after having had invested thousands of dollars in PT HDX and Avid IOs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
What version PT did you upgrade from and are you on El Cap ? Currently I am on 12.4 and Yosemite and Reason still works , although Final Cut Pro X does not . I was thinking of going to 12.6 and possibly Sierra but this is just more bad news.
Yosemite 10.10.5 / PT 12.6
Old 10-29-2016, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Avid CoreAudio Manager not working with HDX/HD Native on Yosemite

Is not the same with Mavericks?

Reuven Amiel
Mixer/Producer.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:58 AM

Default I'm REALLY SCREWED......

Ok....I'm apparently one of the few that had Core Audio working fine on my YOSEMITE based Mac Pro. I upgraded Pro Tools to 12.6 last night and of course the 12.6 HD driver like a bone head and now I have NO Core Audio!!!! I Master in addition to recording and mixing and my Wavelab 9 Pro system is now DEAD!!! Yes, I know it's my fault but is it unreasonable to expect what's arguably one of the most expensive audio products on the market to simply work?? I'm not asking for anything free, I just want to use what I paid for!!!!
OS X 10.14.6
Lynx Hilo TB D/A
Prism Lyra A/D
Apogee Symphony MKII 2X6 SE
Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.12
MASELEC MTC-1x
MASELEC MLA-2
MASELEC MEA-2
MASELEC MPL-2
MASELEC MLA-4
MANLEY (Mastering) SLAM!
MANLEY MASSIVE PASSIVE (Mastering)
X2 Rupert Neve 5059
WAVES L2 Ultra Maximizer
Artist Control
X2 Artist Mix
Old 11-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Default Re: I'm REALLY SCREWED......

There is a new Core Audio driver on the way, but in the meantime, I would downgrade to the last version that worked

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-20-2016, 05:19 AM

Default Avid Core Audio Manager 12.6, 3rd-party DAWs, Yosemite

Hello,
I run Pro Tools HD 12.6 on a Mac Pro 5.1 with HD Native (pcie), under Mac OSX 10.10.5 and the HD Native doen't work with 3rd-party DAWs (Avid Core Audio Manager 12.6).
What can I do to have it works while I want to stay with PT 12.6?
Is it possible to downgrade Avid Core Audio Manager and keep PT 12.6 working?
Old 11-20-2016, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio Manager 12.6, 3rd-party DAWs, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanos View Post
What can I do to have it works while I want to stay with PT 12.6?
Wait a week and a half.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio Manager 12.6, 3rd-party DAWs, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Wait a week and a half.

YOU ARE THE MAN !!!! My DSP Quattro will finally work again !!!! Yay :)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.