Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2020, 04:23 PM

Default Re: APFS or Extended Journaled for session drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Janne - now you know what I've been talking about in another thread about Oliver M - it goes beyond any language or cultural differences. You know me - I try and help where I can but sometimes people just don't seem to want help. This thread is evident why he's no longer a moderator here.
LOL

I quit as a mod because I HAVE QUIT MYSELF.

See, you know nothing but throw out untrue fairytales.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Enough with the name calling?
Yeah, sorry, I should have posted: Been down that road before with musicman691 and it always ends up badly with musicman691.

Sorry about that.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Been down that road before (...) and it always ends up badly
Easy to say, but what would happen if you did not go down that road any more?

I have had my fair share of bad posts so let's not go there. Some people are just not compatible with me and what begins with a slight sarcasm ends up with an insult. Always going to be like that when people talk and do not see each other eye to eye.

Just that when you read this thread again the next day, how much of it was constructive? I know by heart it takes a lifetime to learn to shut the ef up when you are pissed. Such is life. We are all still learning...
Old 01-30-2020, 08:08 PM

What a pile of nonsense. You don't seem want help, and it's none of other people's business, but then you are pissed off when I don't give you a solution. So what is it you want help or you don't? Oh but you have 'secret' knowledge of stuff that you can't talk about. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Nobody else here is complaining about boot times... so add that to the attitude you keep displaying, and the long running problems you seem to be having getting stuff working and I think everybody here will ignore your input. Which would be an unfortunate thing if you actually had discovered some unique problem that will affect other users.

And again if you wanted to pass on a critical issue that you have found and it was not addressed by all the workarounds and solutions on the web (for the few well known issues with APFS boot time that all AFAIK have solutions) why can't you bother to make clear you tested those and you know it's not one of those. I mentioned "spaceman_trim_free_blocks" specifically, it is an issue that has affected some users. I you were interested in being constructive you could have replied you had excluded that know issue. Tried disabling and/or enabling trim and compared boot times. Looked in the system log to see how long spaceman_trim is taking.. Do some other homework to break down what is going on during boot. No clear answer, just a rant. You just don't seem actually interested in solving anything.... (and "I did test that by doing...", or "I'm too busy now, and running OK on HFS+", or "I did not know about/test the workaround/fix for that" or "that issue/workaround was not know about when I had issues on APFS", ... etc. would all be great great useful answers).

Quote:
Yeah, because your knowledge is insufficient.
You think you are "Mr. Know It All" when most of the things you post is rubbish.

No, I am stupid, what is Google? I investigate on known forums to learn things before I try to accomplish them myself. And I "talk" to professionals every once in a while. How about you?

Because a) it is none of your business as I never invited you for an answer an b) 10.14.6 should be a qualified OS for APFS, no?

Really? But yet no fix for it. What are you trying to tell me here, come up with solutions!

This is because I actually seldom have problems and if so rarely post about them. You are making things up as it seems. I rather help than seeking for help, smartypants.

I only post when I read stuff that is not true, or not right. I do not think I ever asked for help in here lately. I actually did not ask for help within this thread, you make this up.

I just stated that APFS is nowhere ready for audio. And I know things I cannot talk about.

I was asked what the issues are and replied. I never asked for help. You are a liar by claiming the opposite.

What?? Me, whining? You insult me for no reason.

Yeah right, I am not only supporting all my friends who run Macs for 30 years (aaah since 1991 to be precise), I am also a total amateur while you are the pro.

No one is as good as you, WE GOT THAT.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-30-2020 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:15 PM

interesting comments i stop using carbon copy cloner it was breaking some of my plugins kontakt 5 just to name a few!
Old 01-31-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivvy View Post
interesting comments i stop using carbon copy cloner it was breaking some of my plugins kontakt 5 just to name a few!
This isn't really germane to this conversation. But I'll ask anyways - how is CCC 'breaking' Kontakt 5? There's no way it will mess with the original data - maybe the clone is having a problem? Have you updated CCC? Been using it for years and never an issue with the original data that could even remotely be attributed to it.

QAPLA!
Old 02-04-2020, 05:41 PM

Just a friendly last warning... if this flame-throwing continues, the thread will be closed.

Nobody needs to "win" this.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What a pile of nonsense. You don't seem want help, and it's none of other people's business, but then you are pissed off when I don't give you a solution.
Listen dude: I do not want your help nor have I ever asked for it. Don’t take yourself too important, you are not the superstar you think you are.

Quote:
So what is it you want help or you don't? Oh but you have 'secret' knowledge of stuff that you can't talk about. Do you realize how silly that sounds?
Again, no one wants your help, especially not ME!! Get that?
There is nothing silly about it.

Again, I never asked for help but complained about certain statements within this thread. You make up things, you do this all the time in all kinds of threads on this board as you are a self loving arrogant person.

Quote:
Nobody else here is complaining about boot times... so add that to the attitude you keep displaying, and the long running problems you seem to be having getting stuff working and I think everybody here will ignore your input. Which would be an unfortunate thing if you actually had discovered some unique problem that will affect other users.
Long running problems??? Wow, what are these? Tell me about it. And besides that, whats your job in real life? I bet you write fairytale stories for children.
I have no long running issues, I rather help ppl with issues but I am not as starstruck as you are as I do help ppl in private but do not talk nor boast about it.

Quote:
And again if you wanted to pass on a critical issue that you have found and it was not addressed by all the workarounds and solutions on the web (for the few well known issues with APFS boot time that all AFAIK have solutions) why can't you bother to make clear you tested those and you know it's not one of those.
Because I know its not one of those and because ppl know me for knowing a few things. I run Macs since 1991, I know everything about troubleshooting those. You may think you are the only one, I get that. Consider me a perfectionist who tests stuff before he throws out complaints.

This is my last comment to this thread.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I run Macs since 1991, I know everything about troubleshooting those.
Ah you are just saying 1991 to make those of us using Macs (and developing software on them) since ~1984 feel old. Damn that's a low blow. But it is great that you know *everything* about debugging Macs... I'm having a problem with bringing up some old FUSE filesystems code on OS X can I call you for help?
Old 02-26-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Ah you are just saying 1991 to make those of us using Macs (and developing software on them) since ~1984 feel old. Damn that's a low blow. But it is great that you know *everything* about debugging Macs... I'm having a problem with bringing up some old FUSE filesystems code on OS X can I call you for help?
Darryl:
Our friend reminds me of this scene at about 42 seconds in (Barbara Billingsley): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ

QAPLA!