Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 01-28-2018, 03:26 PM

Default Trying to buy Pro Tools 12. The saga continues

Hello folks. I started another thread about my difficulty trying to fulfill my pro tools order. Here is the full story and where it stands today. It's been massively frustrating to say the least.

Brief History:
I'm a Cakewalk user. Not just any cakewalk user but actually the former Director of Engineering at Cakewalk. I am putting a studio back together again and given the recent sad news about Cakewalk, decided that I had best evaluate another DAW. I've spent a lot of time over the last couple months evaluating various DAWs and decided to switch to Pro Tools.

The Avid Order saga:
On Jan 14, I ordered Pro Tools 12 directly from Avid. I did this thinking it would avoid complications. After days with not so much as an email confirmation of my order (but a very real $600 charge on my debit card), I opened a ticket. Again, no email acknowledging the ticket so I opened another one thinking I did something wrong (who ever heard of a ticket system that does not echo an email?). Anyway, several days later one ticket was answered and the other marked as a dupe. The Answer was that the physical packaging was backordered and they couldn't give me a good estimate on ETA. This was the first I knew that I was even ordering a boxed product. I already have an iLock Dongle. I just need to download the bits. Anyway, I responded to this ticket requesting an ETA on shipping (again with no email acknowledgment of the ticket status) and a few days later, they said they really couldn't tell me a date and suggested that I cancel the order and buy it from a reseller like Sweetwater.

The Sweetwater era:
I replied to this second ticket saying I would like the order cancelled and I would purchase elsewhere. The $600 charge seems to have disappeared from my bank account so I went ahead an ordered the full version with upgrades "Download" for $599 from Sweetwater.

Later I got an email from Sweetwater saying there was some sort of "problem" but that it would be sorted out quickly. It was and the next day, I had my activation instructions and code. Home free? Not so fast... Following these instructions, I am blocked at avid.com where they are asking me to validate my billing address. When I do, I get an error saying "There is a problem with your address that we could not fix. Please correct any mistakes and try again.". There are no mistakes and I can not go forward from here. No activation, no download link. No product. Why avid would even care about a billing address at this point is beyond me. I'm not doing a subscription. I am buying the product outright (or trying to).

Current status:
Product is paid for but still not fulfilled. It is two weeks today. Of course I've opened more tickets with avid (of course with no acknowledgement) and given the usual time lag, will probably hear something in a couple more days. I've also replied to Sweetwater asking if there is anything they can do to help me escalate and resolve this.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Trying to buy Pro Tools 12. The saga continues

Sorry to hear about your issues and I have escalated this post with support.

System Details
Old 01-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdamit View Post
Hello folks. I started another thread about my difficulty trying to fulfill my pro tools order. Here is the full story and where it stands today. It's been massively frustrating to say the least...
Apologies on this. The web store team is already on it. You will be contacted within the day.

-Tope
Old 01-29-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Apologies on this. The web store team is already on it. You will be contacted within the day.

-Tope
Thank you. I did get just a response to a ticket from a few days ago (case 03378646). All that was about was acknowledging that the Avid store order is cancelled.

My issue still remains:

I am unable to proceed past validating my address when I try to use my validation code from the sweetwater purchase.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:37 PM

And you tried updating the address in your Avid account to match the address associated with your payment method?
Just wondering because I think I recall having to update mine way back.