Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Default Summer NAMM

So.......Steinberg comes out with new software at summer NAMM. Where ya at digi? We are waiting. I am counting on you.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Summer NAMM

FYI Summer NAMM is nothing like Winter NAMM or even the AES Shows in San Fran or NYC. Summer NAMM is a completely different vibe and market to be honest. While there are new products that are announced, it's not the everyone of everyone that are there. In fact, many of the tech companies don't show up---they don't have a need or reason to like the California show in January or Musik Messe over in Germany.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
FYI Summer NAMM is nothing like Winter NAMM or even the AES Shows in San Fran or NYC. Summer NAMM is a completely different vibe and market to be honest. While there are new products that are announced, it's not the everyone of everyone that are there. In fact, many of the tech companies don't show up---they don't have a need or reason to like the California show in January or Musik Messe over in Germany.
Indeed.

Avid isn't even listed as an exhibitor, so it's doubtful we'll be hearing anything from them.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-17-2010, 01:59 PM

I forgot to say...... SUMMER NAMM is still VERY cool in its own way that only Nashville could provide! I don't have the time for trade-shows these days, but I do enjoy the Nashville show. I would like to have gone this year to help bring a few $$$ to my buddies down there by paying for a hotel room, buy some good food, go listen to some music, etc..... but taking my family on a vacation this weekend.

GO TO NASHVILLE AND SPEND SOME MONEY.... These people want to get their lives back to normal, they want to do what comes to them---that is just be NASHVILLE TN!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:18 PM

Still, summer NAMM is a prefect opportunity to announce any new long awaited DAW advancements that were not ready last January.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-17-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Still, summer NAMM is a prefect opportunity to announce any new long awaited DAW advancements that were not ready last January.
So is the Second Coming of Christ!

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russuk View Post
so is the second coming of christ!
ha!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I second that.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 PM

Have you ever been to Summer NAMM? If so then you know it's sooooo not like Winter NAMM and therefore a major announcement really isn't going to come off the same as it would at AES or Winter NAMM or Musik MESSE....Summer NAMM is very much an instrument show, with some technology. The amount of attendees are typically about 1/4th of what is at Winter NAMM. It might make sense to you---but to me, someone that's been around this side of the fence for as long as I have, it makes perfect sense NOT to do so. The cost of money for these trade-shows is extensive and it must be worth it financially to do so. You have no idea just how expensive it really is. This is the show for Guitar manufacturers, percussion, pianos, instruments, etc. And even for technology there is room there too--but just because it's NAMM doesn't mean it's the right fit.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Have you ever been to Summer NAMM? If so then you know it's sooooo not like Winter NAMM and therefore a major announcement really isn't going to come off the same as it would at AES or Winter NAMM or Musik MESSE....Summer NAMM is very much an instrument show, with some technology. The amount of attendees are typically about 1/4th of what is at Winter NAMM. It might make sense to you---but to me, someone that's been around this side of the fence for as long as I have, it makes perfect sense NOT to do so. The cost of money for these trade-shows is extensive and it must be worth it financially to do so. You have no idea just how expensive it really is. This is the show for Guitar manufacturers, percussion, pianos, instruments, etc. And even for technology there is room there too--but just because it's NAMM doesn't mean it's the right fit.
If Avid done AEROSPACE they would never get into space, music isn't rocket science it's a spur of the moment, a moment in time and when the product they sell you crashes in the middle of doing this it's annoying. Supposedly, man landed on the moon in 1969 this is 2010 did NASA need cs updates for the Apollo on that so called mission. This isn't about you, the world is bigger than Indiana, it's about the customer a happy customer you should know that you work in sales.