Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2020, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Sustained Midi Notes Issue

Just to add that I get a stuck note when using the transpose window. Hit transpose and it plays and sticks the first note of the selection being transposed - stops when that note is triggered. First rev of 2020. 2013 MP, Mojave. About to do a ticket with that and several other bugs, like the one where I spent an hour trying to print a simple sequence fix because the MIDI timing played back differently every single time. Not a question of a single tick here or there - like very differently - and more on note-offs than note-ons. And also when I select notes in the midi editor with the option to play notes when they are selected, whether or not it plays the notes is hit or miss. So, fun stuff for people on deadlines.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
Interesting to watch people's expectations change. Avid's current scheme of an update every 2-3 months was billed as "more frequent." lol

I'd be annoyed at having to download and install an update every few days. Is it automatic and in the background, with no impact on workflow?
Expectations yea. Any company that pushes updates every 2-3 days are not testing it properly. Users do the testing and either report problems or wait for next update. Avid still has a beta team testing each release, but if you want a weekly update that is not going to happen.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:44 PM

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. Continuous delivery has nothing to do with lack of testing, on the contrary.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. Continuous delivery has nothing to do with lack of testing, on the contrary.
Just speaking as one of the PT7-10 era beta testers. What is considered "continuous delivery" does not fit to complex environment of Pro Tools.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:20 AM

Jeez - another MIDI bug? I started having problems with the MIDI event list in PT 2019.10 with the deletion of events in the MIDI event list. 2020.5 added another issue with the event list as I detail in the 2020.5 thread in this subforum. You can't select any MIDI track in the event list to work on - you have to select a track in either the track list or in the main part of the Edit screen (I mainly work there). And now this?

This is why I work in 2019.6. I do have a support case in on the new bug I found. BTW i had a case in for the deletion issue; Avid TS was able to repro the bug and said a fix was coming but no ETA on said fix. Still not fixed.

QAPLA!
Old 05-28-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodydetective View Post
Just to add that I get a stuck note when using the transpose window. Hit transpose and it plays and sticks the first note of the selection being transposed - stops when that note is triggered. First rev of 2020. 2013 MP, Mojave. About to do a ticket with that and several other bugs, like the one where I spent an hour trying to print a simple sequence fix because the MIDI timing played back differently every single time. Not a question of a single tick here or there - like very differently - and more on note-offs than note-ons. And also when I select notes in the midi editor with the option to play notes when they are selected, whether or not it plays the notes is hit or miss. So, fun stuff for people on deadlines.
This thread is about the stuck notes when shifting/transposing the notes up/down in the editor. Start in 2019.12 and still no fix even though 2020.3 release notes said it fixed it.

I was not aware of the other issues. 90% of midi in Pro Tools is unusable right now.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii