Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 08-15-2017, 07:12 AM

Default Changing of plug-in used in various snapshots

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I was not able to find a thread to help me.

Avid VENUE is a familiar tool for me, and I've been using it for various shows (SC48, Profile, S3L...), but with this newest assignment I have some 440 snapshots in one show file.

I'm also running really heavy on DSP consumption and therefore I'm planning to use some less DSP heavy plugins to replace the existing ones.

Problem is that those plugins that I could change for lighter versions are used over multiple snapshots.

What will happen if I just change the plugin? Will the old one be deleted from the snapshots, or will it be just replaced?
I'm thinking about to replace the plugins with similar (compressor with compressor etc.).

I'm using S3L with VENUE version 4.5.3

Br,
-Minka-
Old 08-16-2017, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Changing of plug-in used in various snapshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFF View Post
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I was not able to find a thread to help me.

Avid VENUE is a familiar tool for me, and I've been using it for various shows (SC48, Profile, S3L...), but with this newest assignment I have some 440 snapshots in one show file.

I'm also running really heavy on DSP consumption and therefore I'm planning to use some less DSP heavy plugins to replace the existing ones.

Problem is that those plugins that I could change for lighter versions are used over multiple snapshots.

What will happen if I just change the plugin? Will the old one be deleted from the snapshots, or will it be just replaced?
I'm thinking about to replace the plugins with similar (compressor with compressor etc.).

I'm using S3L with VENUE version 4.5.3

Br,
-Minka-
Hi Minka, if you change the plugin to a new one, it will not change back in recall. Because changing the plugin can interrupt audio.

If you use one plugin multiple times you can update it more than one snapshots. And change routing for the plugin; for instance use one vocal comp for 3 different lead singers, as long as they don't sing at the same time you can use that plugin on multiple channels
Old 08-16-2017, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
If you use one plugin multiple times you can update it more than one snapshots. And change routing for the plugin; for instance use one vocal comp for 3 different lead singers, as long as they don't sing at the same time you can use that plugin on multiple channels
I'm actually having a dedicated plug-in for each singer, the question is more that if I change the plug-in in the rack for less DSP consuming one, I know it will change to all the snapshots, for the reason you explained above, but will the routings still stay, or do I have to re-create all the routings for each snapshots?

I'm going to go this route anyway (to change to lighter plug-ins), but I just need to know the amount of work I'm getting into so I know to plan calendar accordingly.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Avid

The routing will stay, but all other snapshot data for the plugin itself will be gone when you change out the plugin that's in that slot

[email protected]
Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Thank you! This was the information I was looking for :)